• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Hand Guards/Wind Deflectors

If you're trying to keep warm, check this out. I wear these when it's really cold (as low as 20 below last season) and have to run my hot grips on a lower setting or off altogether:
http://www.gore-tex.com/product/klim-caribou-mitten/1415318127753/
When the temps are 20 degrees and above- Klim Gore-Tex gloves with hot grips on medium or less.

I have the powermadd handguards with the add on race flare and they work good. You can see the difference in the picture, the Nytro and the Apex have powermadd guards but the Apex has the add on flares. Both sleds have the mirror attachments as well.

IMG_20150228_140116 (1).jpg

The Star series with the Star extension and mount kit will run $75 or so. Offers decent protection from the wind. Add the mirror kit and you have a great little package for the bars.
The Skins are the same price roughly but are closer to the hands providing a bit better protection. The trade off is that you can't use the hook as well because they mount on the hook.
I find gauntlets dangerous for my type of riding. Throw up a hand signal and you can't get back to the controls until you come to a complete stop.
Not very expensive if you consider what the guards or deflectors can do for you. Could be the difference of riding that day or not. In that case they are priceless.

I have liked the Coldguard ones. You can velcro them on when you need them on cold days. They wrap around your hand more, stay open so you put your hands on the bars just like usual, no problem with signaling. They are canvas so they don't break from impacts.

I have liked the Coldguard ones. You can velcro them on when you need them on cold days. They wrap around your hand more, stay open so you put your hands on the bars just like usual, no problem with signaling. They are canvas so they don't break from impacts.
Thanks, these are perfect. Ordering a set now.

image.jpeg
That's like what I run. They work amazing. No cold hands here and take off when not needed!

Back