• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BEST ICE SCRATCHERS

I have just mounted a set of RSI,s to my rails with no drilling on my 2013 xtx nitro , simply remove the bolt that mounts the reinforce plate and bolt up scratchers and they is another whole 2 inches in front where the spring klips in . remember to use locktite or you will find them on the side of the trail ...

I made a set of ski scratchers the other day, turns out I didn't need them this weekend as we got a dusting of snow. Here are some pics:

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 376
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 380
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 356
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 357
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 363
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 350
I have never used icescratchers before ,but when using the rail mounted ones, what happens if you like to jump alot or come into corners really hard, wont the scratchers fold under the track when sliding around corners or when landing wont they bend??????

Grimm said:
I made a set of ski scratchers the other day, turns out I didn't need them this weekend as we got a dusting of snow. Here are some pics:

Good job Grimm, those look great. ;)!

having back country experience with rail scratchers, they always seem to hang in there........

i rode just shy of 300 miles this weekend with my scratchers down the whole time and didn;t burn sliders or wheels...the trails were hard as a rock....my buddies cat overheated a couple times and his track stuck to his sliders....when i was going to put my sled in garage, i went to lift my scratchers and i snapped one at right at the spring....otherwise a great weekend!

rough rider said:
sgilbert, what type of scratchers do u have on your skis, im looking for a ski mount brand :Rockon:
mine were spi or something, rail mount, but really dont believe it is worth doing anywhere but skis. made them fit, dont have any pics for a while. same idea as using the hay tine. work great and when worn, add a pick to the end and works even better. almost never need them, not for the kind of guy that want them down 24/7 and backs over them. I think cables are a joke and rail mounted torsions are too risky

sgilbert said:
rough rider said:
sgilbert, what type of scratchers do u have on your skis, im looking for a ski mount brand :Rockon:
mine were spi or something, rail mount, but really dont believe it is worth doing anywhere but skis. made them fit, dont have any pics for a while. same idea as using the hay tine. work great and when worn, add a pick to the end and works even better. almost never need them, not for the kind of guy that want them down 24/7 and backs over them. I think cables are a joke and rail mounted torsions are too risky
Why are they risky?

sherlock29 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytLvOrmeDFQ

Will these scratchers fit on a nytro? Doesn't that look to be mounted back too far?

Back