• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best modular helmet

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
hi guys I'm in the market for a new modular helmet I've tried the modular 2 and am currently using the brp bv2s I am still not sold on it the breath max is freezing all the time on my face and the weight of the helmet kills my neck on long rides.
I was really looking into the new 509 R3 but I'm strictly a trail rider and like to be able to stop and talk and have a beverage frequently without having to take the helmet off.
Just looking for some input on the newer helmets out there thanks

I've had mod 2s and now a mod 3
I went with them because I wear glasses
Good helmets but the electric visors don't last (JUNK)
I started wearing contacts for sledding last year so I might be looking into helmets at the Toronto Sled show

HANDS DOWN BV2S,HAD MY FOR TEN YEARS AND NEVER FOGGED UP!!!!

hi guys I'm in the market for a new modular helmet I've tried the modular 2 and am currently using the brp bv2s I am still not sold on it the breath max is freezing all the time on my face and the weight of the helmet kills my neck on long rides.
I was really looking into the new 509 R3 but I'm strictly a trail rider and like to be able to stop and talk and have a beverage frequently without having to take the helmet off.
Just looking for some input on the newer helmets out there thanks

If you can hold out 1 more year with the BV2S, I would wait until next year and hope 509 comes out with a carbon fiber Delta R3. Take a look though if you really want a new one this year. Seat of the pants says it feels lighter than the BRP modular.

HANDS DOWN BV2S,HAD MY FOR TEN YEARS AND NEVER FOGGED UP!!!!
I haven't had the best luck I bought a used bv2s a few years back and it fogged all the time every ride. I sold it and a few years later tried the one I currently have with the heated shield it does not fit with the heated shield or but still fogs when it is off. My main complaint of the helmet is it is too heavy for me on long rides

If you can hold out 1 more year with the BV2S, I would wait until next year and hope 509 comes out with a carbon fiber Delta R3. Take a look though if you really want a new one this year. Seat of the pants says it feels lighter than the BRP modular.
I do really like the 509 but the only thing I don't like is how it's not a modular and does not open up for talking or drinking with the helmet on. Castle x makes the expensive cx 950 that looks very interesting too

Maybe look at the CKX Titan . I have 5 , Mod -2 helmets one for everyone in the family ! I think they are the best for the money! Some of the new stuff is looking really good but is very pricey !

Maybe look at the CKX Titan . I have 5 , Mod -2 helmets one for everyone in the family ! I think they are the best for the money! Some of the new stuff is looking really good but is very pricey !
Does the mouth peice fold down far enough to drink or does it still get in the way? Are the goggles easy to attach and detach from the sides? Do you think it is warm? Does anyone know what the field of view degrees are for a full face helmet vs goggles are?

I'm really leaning towards trying that ckx titan out I see they have a carbon fiber model this year that weights in at 2.9 lbs but not sure if it's worth the extra money for that one cause the regular model is less then 0.25 lb more. They also have electric heated goggles like many manufactures now and light filtering lenses that change to smoke when it's sunny and change to clear when it gets dark. Only thing I don't understand is why they do not ship to the us

i am on my 2nd hjc cl max modular and i like it. i never use the breath box as in my case it fogs worse than if i do not use one. ran my last one 6 seasons and the heated visor was still the origonal one i bought with the helmet. i do wear glasses but once the temp gets below -25c i usually run with them in my pocket as they fog but the visor is clear.

Back