• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best modular helmet

I worn a ckx titon last year with the mirrored lens never fogged on me. I really like the helmet, I bought mine from shadetree in middlefield OH they got some in before the lawsuit was brought with brp. I have another goggle frame with the yellow in it and will be getting the heated one either at novi show or shortly after. I never noticed the mirrored being to dark at night so I just ran them. I also am running a collett communicator with the wire mic, I have to work on a small bracket for it to glue on to, so it doesn't get pulled down into the wind. I do love the helmet for the abilty to talk easily and get a quick nip, very light weight and looks good also.

I worn a ckx titon last year with the mirrored lens never fogged on me. I really like the helmet, I bought mine from shadetree in middlefield OH they got some in before the lawsuit was brought with brp. I have another goggle frame with the yellow in it and will be getting the heated one either at novi show or shortly after. I never noticed the mirrored being to dark at night so I just ran them. I also am running a collett communicator with the wire mic, I have to work on a small bracket for it to glue on to, so it doesn't get pulled down into the wind. I do love the helmet for the abilty to talk easily and get a quick nip, very light weight and looks good also.
What type of riding do u mainly do with it?

Wife and I ride approx. 3000 miles to -30 Celsius, we both wear glasses, do not use a breath box and have no trouble with fogging in our electric shield helmets. Since way back when they quit putting collars on jackets and went to the collarless jackets for mountain riders we have used a light turtle neck and a light Dickie to control the wind coming in the bottom of the helmet, must be loose enough to allow free movement of your head. We think this is the secret. You do have to crack the shield to the 1st notch till you get rolling.
Originally used HJC full face helmets and were good. We now have CKX modular. People complain about modular being drafty, with these CKX helmets my wife complains it is so well sealed it is almost hard to breath. The only cons of the CKX is it is slightly heavy and the notches of the shield are to big a step compared to HJC.

I run a Bell Revolver, Originally bought it the first year when they came out and I had to buy the summer Helmet and then buy the winter kit which had a magnet breath box, yellow tinted sun visor and the electric double lens. You can now buy it as a snow helmet only if you want. I also use the u-clear intercom and my wife complained that I was a bit muffled when I talked so I bought the new earphones with the wired mics and placed the mics in front on my cheek padding which is inside the breath box for clearer communication.

Winder1987
I trail ride mostly, I've been wearing the ckx trans modular for about 6 years I really like that helmet also but have had a few buddys try them and its about 50/50 if they like the trans. The titon hasn't been out long enough to get to meny reviews on

I bought the castle x exo cx950 last year, I really like it, its comfortable and warm. I was a little concerned with fog so I added the elec visor. The yellow visor works well for the low vis days (especially if your eyesight isn't perfect)but it tends to fog a bit when you stop, clears up right away as soon as you start moving with your visor cracked.

Let me be the devils advocate for a moment.
There is a (slight) chance with a flip up type helmet that the latching mechanism will break or you won't have it completely latched when an accident occurs. The flip up helmet has latches and hinges where the full face helmet does not. So, there is always room for a flaw in the design and the somewhat higher chance that the flip of the helmet could come undone during a crash.

I don't have any real world experience with any but first place parts recommended the bell revo helmet and then the fxr stating the fxr is real nice to but the bell is a little lighter with a magnetic removable nose peice

Love my BVS2, never had it freeze to my face! When colder then -25 C I sometimes plug my electric shield in but usually that only happens if breaking trail and sweating. Best helmet I have owned besides the full face Cat helmet. I dont find the BVS2 to be heavy but it is warm!

With the bv2s ,take the front diaphram out ,this will help alot .

Do not take it out! it will blast air in and make things real cold. I run the diaphragm with no holes in it and if its real warm out I put the one in with three holes in it. The diaphragm is for stopping the air from blasting in and is for exhaling out of. When you inhale you take air from inside the helmet through diaphragms. Checking and changing them is a good idea if they don't seal. I had a problem with fogging that was caused by one of them leaking into the helmet on exhale. Where you place the water absorption material also plays a part because it can hold the front open and make things real cold at -30!

Do not take it out! it will blast air in and make things real cold. I run the diaphragm with no holes in it and if its real warm out I put the one in with three holes in it. The diaphragm is for stopping the air from blasting in and is for exhaling out of. When you inhale you take air from inside the helmet through diaphragms. Checking and changing them is a good idea if they don't seal. I had a problem with fogging that was caused by one of them leaking into the helmet on exhale. Where you place the water absorption material also plays a part because it can hold the front open and make things real cold at -30!
I wonder if mine is different as I never have the water absorption material in and never have felt cold drafts.

I wonder if mine is different as I never have the water absorption material in and never have felt cold drafts.

You can run it with or without the absorption material! That makes no difference other then water buildup in the mask and front tube! The front of the mask has a disk valve (diaphragm) that is replaceable along with two on the sides of the mask. Removing the front one means all air you breath is from the front, instead of from the side valves which bring warmer air in from the inside of the helmet. You breath air in from the visor area and exhale out the from of the mask. This helps to keep the visor clear of frost and keeps the mask from freezing. The absorption material is to keep moisture trapped in it rather then freezing in the front tube. I replaced my stock BRP material with Cham Wow material. Buddy just makes a rectangular piece and rolls it up and places it in the bottom of the mask rather then laying it out around the valves! So you can run with out it but the valve system needs to work as designed to keep cold out and visor clear!

Back