• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Nytro ski

Curves-First 100 on mine as well. Mostly in powder. I don't know whether or not the carbide missing down the middle of the nytro specific runner is the way to go on the 09's yet. Still top notch IMHO.

The sled turns hard whether it has the factory skis on or the curves. I was hoping the curves would help this challenge, obviously there is some other set up work to do. I know with my skidoo which had pilots, turning the skis was no effort at all.

I've run the C&As on the nytron and feel their perfect for my style of ride'n... If your a slow speed trail cruzer you'll hate them, but at da higher speeds when ya turn em the sled turns without push'n...

backstop said:
The sled turns hard whether it has the factory skis on or the curves. I was hoping the curves would help this challenge, obviously there is some other set up work to do. I know with my skidoo which had pilots, turning the skis was no effort at all.

There must be something different (other than the obvious) about the XTX. I've heard a few comments on the steering effort. I have to say my S.E. with the Curves and the front strap pulled up one, I can turn the bars with one arm standing up at a stop. Granted I came from a Apex with Triple Threats so anything seems easier to steer but I have to say I think it's great in the steering depo.

I have 150 miles on my SE with Curves and they are awesome. I was riding in powder and on packed trail. No darting what so ever. Great ski, need to do some fine tuning on the suspension. IT rides real flat on take off so I need to put a bit more spring pressure on the front skid shock. I had C and A's on my apex and I was not too thrilled with them. But you cannot compare the two on two different sleds. I can say that the curves are definately worth it. and they come in any color combo that you could possibly want. :Rockon:

what about USI Skis any tryed that. i called rick from USI today about them he said there are tons of setups to try with all the stages for the front and rear parts of the ski plus movin the ski back and forth a hole or two any thoughts

Only have a 100 miles on my XTX with USI X2 skis on it. Work the same as they did on my Revs, go exactly where you point it. I shortened the limiter strap 2 holes and am running 9" Shaper bars. It takes a little bit of effort, but there are NO surprises.

Yeah I am either going to adjust the limiter strap or the weight transfer rods in the back. Hopefully this will ease the steering a little bit. I agree at low speeds is where the real challenge is however if you are in the twisties at higher speeds it could still use eome improvement.

Right on budy call me later!! Next time out on some good hard packed snow you need to line up to him and wave bye bye bye bye!!! HAHAHAHHA :yam: :Rockon: :4STroke: ;)!

Skydog :drink: :drink:

mllr 25,
Are you the one that bought my 40th Anniv. Nytro? I think I recognise the screen name.....

Simmons power ski's

I can't say what ski is better. I'd need to test every ski back to back then I'd get confused. LoL I Put the 10" wide MT. Simmons skis on. It helps in powder and for cornering. When carving corners you have a wider overall stance of 4 to 5 inches over the stock ski. The point of contact would be measured from outside carbide to outside carbide giving you noticably more width...More stability. The 10" wide ski has about 75% better flotation in power. This helps quite a bit when turning on an angle keeping the outside ski from sinking to the bottom. Less body english is required. On groomed trails they act just like regular simmons.

If sticking with the stock ski's get a pair of Shaper Bars. They work great. I was told with the Nytro you don't need as much carbide. Ski pressure is more than on an Apex. Your 1' closer to sitting over the ski's on the Nytro. This gives you more ski pressure and therefore less carbide is needed. What he said made pperfict sence. I'm only at 50 Km and that is in the powder. I did feel the turning effort greater at slow speeds but when you turn the ski's they grip. Here's what they look like. Buddy said in an earlier post some ski looked 100000 times better than Simmons. I thought this looked good? I'd like to see a picture of 100000 times better looking than this!

Attachments

• certified stones 394.jpg
    certified stones 394.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 84
  • certified stones 391.jpg
    certified stones 391.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 72

Back