• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best skid to put under Apex

no-fear-875

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 yamaha apex rtx/2005 rx1
I bought an 2005 rx1 with the 98 thundercat 136" skid under it, works great, now my brother has the skid extension 136" on his 2006 apex gt, he broke his skid in a snowcross race,lol ( i know, wtf is he racing an apex in there) my question is, what is the best and cheapest 136" skid to put under it (no he will not be racing again, lol) and tell me why you choose that skid. thanks fellow Apexer's.

There's a pro x skid for sale on here. I had one in my warrior and loves it. The Walker Evans are great shocks. Wish I had it back.

I think a t motion out of a doo with a flex edge track would be the way to go

Hands down the AD Bolvin ZX2. Turns the Apex into a mogul masher and is the only true performance suspension I have ever ridden. Too bad they don't make them anymore. They are bullet proof as well. I just put the ZX2 into my 3rd sled!

T-motion works great, bit of work to do but it really makes difference. First it was with flexedge track but next season we changed it to peak. Really rips and grips when snow is even little bit layered or compact. In soft powder peak track is not the best option, I prefer challenger style tracks if you drive mostly in powder conditions. This skid is also modded to fit fox air rear shock, so no heavy springs needed.

I bought an 2005 rx1 with the 98 thundercat 136" skid under it, works great, now my brother has the skid extension 136" on his 2006 apex gt, he broke his skid in a snowcross race,lol ( i know, wtf is he racing an apex in there) my question is, what is the best and cheapest 136" skid to put under it (no he will not be racing again, lol) and tell me why you choose that skid. thanks fellow Apexer's.
Unfortunately "Best" and "Cheapest" usually don't go hand and hand...

Now those are proper drop brackets..!! How is it to ride? Looks like it could be a bit front heavy, now that it is so tall in the back.
It is already front heavy, but not so much than it was. Long track and sensitive suspensions moves weight easily when accelerating, it is not the easiest to drive in woods but when you get used to it, it goes smoothly. In mountains and open areas this is really easy to carve and super smooth to drive. Just dont wrestle it, let the sled do the job and use your weight and steering. First sled that I can do donuts just sitting on seat. Personally I dont like t-motion, it is ok in mountains but in woods it just keeps doing things too twisty. Maybe if front end is bit further and caster angle bit more, this could be more usable in boondocking, like in nytro's modded front ends. Rear looks really high, but it is just in the eye.

Back