• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best trail ski?

Best trail ski

• C&a razor

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Curve xs

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Simmons gen 1 or gen 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slp Mohawk

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Slp slt

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Sly dogs

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other please specify

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Usi

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Doo pilot

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Snowtrackers on anything set up properly are easiest steering in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Snowtrackers on anything set up properly are easiest steering in my opinion.

I have heard horror stories of the snow trackers. Mainly from the skis catching and guys flying over the handlebars is this true ? Also heard there a nightmare loading on trailer and tear garage floor up?

With the usi triple threats you can mount the ski's to different holes one the ski to the sled. You also have fins on front and back for grabbing snow there are 3 stages for aggressiveness

I have heard horror stories of the snow trackers. Mainly from the skis catching and guys flying over the handlebars is this true ? Also heard there a nightmare loading on trailer and tear garage floor up?
I've heard the stories, I've probably put on 8000 aggressive miles on snowtrackers over the last 5 or 6 years and experienced none of those issues. Proper set up I'm sure has something to do with that (neutral toe, weight off of the skis) but I feel like the horror stories are overblown and I just haven't seen that. I have no issues loading with my enclosed or my buddies clam shell trailer, but they both have ski guides installed also. I use carts in the garage. I find they don't dig into pavement any more than a good sharp set of standard carbides.

With the usi triple threats you can mount the ski's to different holes one the ski to the sled. You also have fins on front and back for grabbing snow there are 3 stages for aggressiveness
Also I don't think any complaints have ever been levied about the triple threats pushing, not turning, or not floating or anything like that. They are a great aggressive trail ski. Only complaint I've ever heard on them is the additional steering effort in certain conditions they require due to deep keel and aggressive profile.

Also I don't think any complaints have ever been levied about the triple threats pushing, not turning, or not floating or anything like that. They are a great aggressive trail ski. Only complaint I've ever heard on them is the additional steering effort in certain conditions they require due to deep keel and aggressive profile.

USI use to steer hard, but they shortened the wear bar length a few years ago and that made a huge difference. As mentioned above, you can also mount the ski's to the spindles in three different locations to suit your needs. You can literally reconfigure each ski in a few minutes with different fins and mounting locations for changing conditions; so they're not limited to just trail. The 7" width makes them good in the fluff too.

I have heard many...many positive reviews of the Trackers that you use as well! ;)! I've never had the opportunity to try them out though.

Well I took the plunge and bought a like new set off eBay there the usi triple threat with a 9" carbide option that came from usi. Any feedback on a good setup for the sidewinder would be greatly appreciated
IMG_2448.PNG

Anyone with usi skis which fins work the best on the yamahas and what mount kit do I need for the sidewinder and where do I get it?

I think I used the stage 2 fins. Stage 1 don't stick down at all and only protect the ski iirc. I'd contact usi direct for the mounts, they are very responsive via email or phone and will take care of you.

Call USI, they'll hook you up!

I actually use a stage 4 fin kit. That is a combo consisting of a stage 3 front fin and a stage 1 rear fin. The fin kits aren't too expensive, so you may want experiment with different configurations.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks what sled are you running your setup on how's the steering?
2012 Apex. Steering is light and predictable, but it has power steering.

The Sidewinder is new, so I can't offer you good setup advice other than ride it and experiment. That's what makes this ski so nice, is the adjustability. I'd say your most critical decision right now is choosing the correct wear bar; probably a 6" or 9" Stud Boy deuce bar.

Get on the USI website. They have videos explaining setup and ski alignment, that will give you some ideas. Then call them. They will steer you in the right direction, according to your riding references.

I'll be running it on my sidewinder, ltx le. I've run it in the past on my apex ltx gt. I liked them but harder steering than snowtrackers.

I'll be running it on my sidewinder, ltx le. I've run it in the past on my apex ltx gt. I liked them but harder steering than snowtrackers.

USI - How old are your wear bars and do they have 4 or 5 mounting studs that go through the skis's? :sled1:

Back