• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best trail ski?

Best trail ski

• C&a razor

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Curve xs

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Simmons gen 1 or gen 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slp Mohawk

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Slp slt

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Sly dogs

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other please specify

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Usi

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Doo pilot

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
I have heard horror stories of the snow trackers. Mainly from the skis catching and guys flying over the handlebars is this true ? Also heard there a nightmare loading on trailer and tear garage floor up?

Bullshit! Sidewinder semi-aggressive on tuner III skis are great! Adjust skies to"zero" tow and adjust ski pressure to less and find your ski pressure to the way you like it, if you run picks get the aggressive, the snowtrackers are offered on Yamaha parts site, they have dual carbide with no center carbide and are the best for any Yamaha ski

I have heard horror stories of the snow trackers. Mainly from the skis catching and guys flying over the handlebars is this true ? Also heard there a nightmare loading on trailer and tear garage floor up?

I know they do have a good junk of metal hanging down. One person I know loves them and he is pretty knowledgeable around a sled. Personally I haven't yet tried them. I think catching something is purely circumstantial, it could happen if you hit the right object at the right angle......such as a railroad crossing. But then again that is always possible with some other carbides too. I remember a few years ago someone went on a rant about them on one of the forums and it kind of went viral. That's the beauty of the internet, a one and a thousand thing happens once and suddenly it's an epidemic.

I have heard the horror stories about Trackers as well, but everyone I ride with rides them and loves them. I have always used the Trackers on single keel skis, but I now have them on my new Sidewinder's Tuner skis, and they have been great for the first 500 miles. With the Trackers, it really doesn't matter what ski you have on your sled, you just know that it is going to handle well.

IMHO the ST go where you steer. If one is coming off a pushy setup it can be uncomfortable at first and could lead to some issues initially from the much improved bite while turning. I love the fact the sled goes where I point it and the pushing situations are the exception not the rule as was on my previous setups.

My 2 cents......:winter:

Steve

I had a great riding experience with my 2014 Viper LTX with Snowtrackers mounted up to the stock skis. Minimal darting, durable, and easy steering. I’m Currently demo’ing some Curve Skis that my brother had laying around. I haven’t had a chance to ride much so I can’t give an honest opinion on them yet.

Back