• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Big Bear 400 IRS Towing

SchelT

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Nytro XTX 1.75
Any late model 2010-2012 Big Bear 400 owners that can tell me their heaviest trailer pulled with the Bear?
I've installed the Moose receiver hitch. All else is factory stock.

Any late model 2010-2012 Big Bear 400 owners that can tell me their heaviest trailer pulled with the Bear?
I've installed the Moose receiver hitch. All else is factory stock.

On the axel mount? It will pull quite a bit but the tires are the weak point.

i am curious to know this as well for if i replace my 05 big bear pro. it has pulled loads of wood that sag the back of a pick-up over hills and rocks in the bush many times.

I would just avoid any excessive tongue weight. I have a Straight Axle and an IRS Rancher 420 and the IRS doesn't like over 100# on tongue at all, really sags in the back and gets light up front. My straight axle one doesn't complain one bit with a heavy tongue. Towed over 1000# many times with it from downed ATV's on a small trailer, to backwoods lakes with a 14' boat loaded up with camping gear. Your Bear should be close in power and gear ratios to my ranchers, just keep an eye on the tongue weight with IRS.

Great info. Thank you. My big Tex trailer tongue weight is light. Would like to pull my trailer + weight of a snowmobile

Back