• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Big pump mpg

fxnytrortxkid

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 nytro rtx
Hello brain trust! Put a big pump in last season, I have always run max spool 17 and had about stock mpg with stock pump and closed loop. But switched to multi map and wastegate also last season and the oxygen sensor went. With the short season by time I got a new sensor on I couldn’t confirm how much mpg that took from me as I went from stock mpg to 60-70 miles per tank.

I guess I am just wondering how close to stock mpg people got since 5-6mpg will not cut it for me lol

Thanks in advance

If your O2 sensor was defective the closed loop had no chance of operating properly. Until you run your current setup with everything functioning properly you will not know what your mileage really is.
Mileage is highly dependent on riding conditions and riding style.
On my XTX LE with the 300 header tune, closed loop, big fuel pump, adjustable fuel regulator,ect and a 141 x 1.75" track, I consistently get the best mileage in my group of stock and tuned SWs, 900R Doo, 850 Doos, and 850 Polaris...easily 120+++miles to a tank minimum.

My early findings & very short term use of "big pump" I averaged 11.8mpg on a sled that's been operating at 15mpg (stock)
I believe every time you squeeze the throttle hard, even for just a moment, you're consuming fuel at a higher rate then when stock.
I suppose and I'm hoping I'll be able to get more data this year.

Hello brain trust! Put a big pump in last season, I have always run max spool 17 and had about stock mpg with stock pump and closed loop. But switched to multi map and wastegate also last season and the oxygen sensor went. With the short season by time I got a new sensor on I couldn’t confirm how much mpg that took from me as I went from stock mpg to 60-70 miles per tank.

I guess I am just wondering how close to stock mpg people got since 5-6mpg will not cut it for me lol

Thanks in advance

Larger fuel pump should have nothing to do with reduced fuel mileage, unless it outflows the fuel regulator or return lines & elbows thus increasing the actual rail pressure.

Fully possible the bad oxygen sensor is the reason for the worsened fuel mileage. Data logs should show rich AF ratio if you have it activated and tell the actual story and the reason.

If O2 sensor burns out while running closed loop, AFRs will failsafe and go to 8. This is pig rich and hard on fuel. You should have disabled the closed loop and set the FPR manually. Your fuel mileage would have returned.

Back