• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Billet torsion spring holders

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
I could have sworn I saw billet torsion spring holders for sale somewhere but for the life of me I can't find them now.Is there a company making these? There must be a better alternative to the stock plastic ones.

you mean the loop that the spring slides through or the block that adjusts tension. Lots of people make the adjusters (barn of parts for one). The loops, even if made from billet, would require some kind of plastic or lower friction surface to slide through or you would risk binding.

I could have sworn I saw billet torsion spring holders for sale somewhere but for the life of me I can't find them now.Is there a company making these? There must be a better alternative to the stock plastic ones.

What's wrong with the plastic ones? I've never had one break ever.

i put the bop ones on... has an extra step over stock ones if u need
IMG_3356.jpeg

Yamaha had or has the billet blocks also, 4 position, i have two sets on my sleds, been waiting for third set for about a year now.

spare skid has yamaha ones for sr viper. one on the sled has muffin works 5 position ones but are discontinued. i would go with barn of parts ones nowadays.

I've seen the billet adjusters but it is actually the loop that holds the long end that I was referring to.Mine aren't broke it's just the sloppy fit onto the steel mount I'd like to see tightened up.I even went and picked up new ones and they aren't even tight on the mount.I ended up cutting a piece of aerosol can up and shimming the slack out.Now the loop sits nice and square where it was kinked sideways before.

I've seen the billet adjusters but it is actually the loop that holds the long end that I was referring to.Mine aren't broke it's just the sloppy fit onto the steel mount I'd like to see tightened up.I even went and picked up new ones and they aren't even tight on the mount.I ended up cutting a piece of aerosol can up and shimming the slack out.Now the loop sits nice and square where it was kinked sideways before.

Back