• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Torsion Spring 'Hook' in Suspension

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
Looking for guys that modified the plastic 'hook' in the suspension - where the arm of the torsion spring rides. Cutting out the top making it easier to take the spring on/off - similar to a Nytro.

Have you had any issues of the spring popping out of place or does it stay put?

Thanks
MS

I have had no issues on my 16 Viper, it seems to be fine.

Nothing to worry about, Ive done my last 3 sleds this way and no issues.
Probably over 30000 miles this way

I wonder if the Nytro block would fit?????

i think @cannondale27 has been running his viper like that for quite a few seasons.

i think @cannondale27 has been running his viper like that for quite a few seasons.
Yes first time I took skid out I did that. I believe Swampcat told me that trick. The full loop is a race thing. Not needed unless your buddy decides to stuff a ski in your skid! Do it. Makes life much easier.

are you talking about the CK skid?my apex rtx is very difficult to install with the spring on.have not removed my winder skid yet!

I refer to my 129 ZR9 skid and have done this on all my cats going back to the 1990's. I will do it my new Tcat when it arrives.

Sorry my sled is out of reach until fall to take a pic, but you are correct that you cut the top of plastic piece. When you need to unload the spring you only need pick up off its perch. I have been doing this on all my cats since the early 1990's.

Sorry my sled is out of reach until fall to take a pic, but you are correct that you cut the top of plastic piece. When you need to unload the spring you only need pick up off its perch. I have been doing this on all my cats since the early 1990's.
Gotcha. Thanks

Here Jon
1630114222976.png

Back