• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bit the Bullet - Axis Shocks

When I emailed Ian at monster performance he never even mentioned the exit shocks to me as an option which I found odd as he sells those shocks too. I asked for a set of 4 so maybe if exit doesnt have anything for the center he skipped that option?? He wasnt trying to upsell me for sure as the first package he priced me was the most budget friendly option/bang for the buck combo.
I'm just curious, what did he recommend?

On my 20 se the center shock is 1/2" longer than previous models. Price also tripled from yamaha for that shock for 20 and newer.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

One thing that I understand now is allot of you experienced on the procross are saying, this center shock might be smaller than the others on the sled, but it works harder to punch above its weight so it takes a beating.

Luke Lester from Snowtrax takes it one step further. On his Sidewinder video just this week, says he now believes its the most important shock on the sled. :eek:

I'm just curious, what did he recommend?
Stage 3 elka fronts and stage 4 rears was his initial recommendation. Said stage 4 fronts would be even better with adjustable rebound if someone wanted to swing the extra $400

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

One thing that I understand now is allot of you experienced on the procross are saying, this center shock might be smaller than the others on the sled, but it works harder to punch above its weight so it takes a beating.

Luke Lester from Snowtrax takes it one step further. On his Sidewinder video just this week, says he now believes its the most important shock on the sled. :eek:
I have said this many times a few years ago. been on the procross since 2012 when it first came out.. Absolutely the middle shock on this chassis is the MOST important and needs to be rebuilt EVERY YEAR.

I asked Ian about exit shocks for sidewinder and they do not have anything at all for trail models , just mtx sleds so the shock Jon recieved had to be for that. Hygear custom axis shocks are the same part numbers for 2017 up to recent . Isnt the limiter strap on 20+ models a 1/2" longer than previous models? Maybe the extra 1/2" in shock length is too make sure if strap is run on loosest position?

I have said this many times a few years ago. been on the procross since 2012 when it first came out.. Absolutely the middle shock on this chassis is the MOST important and needs to be rebuilt EVERY YEAR.

Agree with you. I have mine rebuilt every year!

Get rid of the light spring and your ride will improve and your shock will last longer . Factory spring, blown shock and you'll be breaking the front suspension cross shaft and then looking for a tunnel.

Maybe the extra 1/2" in shock length is too make sure if strap is run on loosest position?
That has to be the reason. If the strap has any tension on it it would not matter.
would the half inch matter at all EXCEPT on full extension?

Get rid of the light spring and your ride will improve and your shock will last longer . Factory spring, blown shock and you'll be breaking the front suspension cross shaft and then looking for a tunnel.
Ran the triple rate raptor spring for 11K greatly improved things.. Agree with your post 100% Unless you weigh 175 or less.

I actually did not like the ride of the stiffer spring on my 129. I went back to the stock spring.

I've run the 150lb spring on my 129 for the past 2 seasons with stock valving. That spring is like a pogo stick on the big bumps.

I'll be having the shocks revalved this fall and I may try the triple rate Raptor or have the shock setup for the 150lb spring.

I like the handling characteristics with that spring. My dad has the raptor spring and it is definitely more plush.

Back