• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blown belt and gauge readout went out????

PeeWee

Veteran
While riding today, part of my belt came apart. No problem, stopped and changed it. When I took again, my guage didn't work. The backlight is on but the readout doesn't work. For a short time later on down the trail, the guage started to work again. A short time later the guage went out and is still out. Any suggestions? BTW I checked the fuse block on the right side of the frame rail. All the fuses were fine.

Thanks,
Dave

If it works, then doesn't, then works again....then it sounds like your drive axle bearing is going.... this is one of the tell-tale symptoms...Get this looked at IMMEIDATELY.... if it goes and damages the belkhead you're into BIG $$$.

It could just be a loose wire, but this is a known problem....Happened on my brother's 04 Warrior, just as you described.

Also check your lower coolant hose that runs under the belt .I blew my belt last week and it cut the hose pretty deep it didn't leak but it needed to be replaced .

Thanks for the tips. I checked the bearing last night. This bearing does not have the old style square pin in it that typically breaks when the bearing is going bad. The speed sensor is a magnetic pickup. The coolant hose also is in good shape. I did find a nicked wire in the 3 wire loom running down to the sensor. I repaired the wire but no luck. I just ordered a new sensor for $61. When I get this installed the wire will be run behind the foot board where it have been in the first place. Yamaha put a protective cover over most of the wire and then ran the wire up the foot board inside the belt area. Oh well, if 60 bucks fixes it, I'll chalk it up to a lesson learned. Replace the belt before it breaks.

Thanks for all the help.

Dave

:4STroke:

Belts only last 5000 KM on RS Venture ,I have blown 2 first one at 4000
second at 10000 Km .I will replace it at 15000 weather it needs it or not .
I am going to make a guard over that hose .I don't need that hassle again .

Wilson said:
Belts only last 5000 KM on RS Venture ,I have blown 2 first one at 4000
second at 10000 Km .I will replace it at 15000 weather it needs it or not .
I am going to make a guard over that hose .I don't need that hassle again .
Yep I blew a belt last week and a string from the belt sliced my hose right under the clutch!!! :o| :o| YAMAHAAAAAA wtf why did you end the shield short of that area under the clutch?? All you RS guys I would suggest adding a plate or double wrapping this hose with another hose or guard of some sort!! ASAP!!!

how did you get home with that hose blown ? By the way the rxmotor is the same .they don;t seem to blow as many belts .I wouldn,t mind knowing the answer to that mistery . You will have to forgive my typing I am writing this in Mexico and the key board is in Spanish.

We had to tow it to the main road and have a local guy pick us up with his trailer and went to a local auto parts and found a hose that was close enough...alittle larger than was on it but it works!

Attachments

• 2007_1221Image0035.JPG
    2007_1221Image0035.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 2007_1221Image0036.JPG
    2007_1221Image0036.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 2007_1221Image0037.JPG
    2007_1221Image0037.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 75
Wilson said:
That is a moulded hose I would recomend getting the right one as it could kink .it was relatively cheap $17 cdn.
I made sure it had a bend in it where it goes under the engine area...no kinks but I wonder what that would translate to in U.S. dollars?

Back