• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blown skid shocks??

fasteddie

Extreme
How often are guys getting their shocks recharged or rebuilt? How can you tell their shot without pulling the skid? Went for my 1st ride yesterday and the skid was like a pogo stick!!
Any bump over a couple inches would buck my but off the seat a little.

That really depends on the shock type, rider style and mileage on the shocks. Most say between 1500-2000 miles in between rebuilds with any of the good OEM shocks. Some aftermarket shocks are pushing the 2500+ mile mark. It's relatively cheap to have it done and most shops can set it up for rider weight and rider style. Good luck!!

shocks

I had mine redone by Pioneer at 2500 miles. End of last year my rear shocks would no longer rebound. It was time.

Pioneer Performance revalved my rear shocks over 4000 miles ago. They've held up well with my 200 lbs of abuse but I think I better get them in soon before I blow one out. I probably should consider replacing the torsion springs also.

Hey Griz was kinda thinking about replacing my torsion springs this year too to lighter ones for a better ride if possible. You know what is the lbs or rated number the 08 RTX came with? Not sure it would help but maybe ?

Edit* Looked up the springs-08 RTX have 1900 std and the newer ones have 1400 std! Anybody want to trade for the heavier springs?

In 2008 they had two options for the Nytro, 2100 and 1900. I'm not positive but I think the regular Nytro used the 1900 and the RTX the 2100. In 2009 they listed a 3rd option for the RTX, a 1400 torsion spring which is also the only spring listed for the regular 2009 Nytro. The 1900 came in the xtx in 2009.

Attachments

• nytro rtx springs.jpg
    nytro rtx springs.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 79

Back