• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bolts

Apexpat

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Apex
Had a new track and exhaust donuts replaced on my 13 Apex last month. Had the side panel off the other day and found 3 bolts underneath the chaincase. Not sure where they came from, not seeing anywhere obvious. Bolts are roughly 1 3/4 inches in length with a 12mm socket head. Sled has run fine since the repair. Picture attached
D4547BA4-E030-4E13-9C44-7D385C6C9454.jpeg

I’m guessing your chain case cover is missing those three bolts. Several of the bolts are longer and hold the case and cover simultaneously. They’ve obviously been installed correctly and are doing an excellent job.

I’m guessing your chain case cover is missing those three bolts. Several of the bolts are longer and hold the case and cover simultaneously. They’ve obviously been installed correctly and are doing an excellent job.
Just looked at Mr Sleds track change video. I’ve never taken the cover off, but looks like as you said chain case cover bolts. 2 from the bottom and 1 on top? Surprised it’s not leaking chain case oil. I loaded it at dark and didn’t get a good look at it when I left up north. I’ll have a look next week when I go back up

Back