• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boy i was going to go pick up a new Nytro

I picked mine up this week, was hesistant after reading all the front end issues. Definitely looks "light" where the a-arms mount, will likely bend(twist) with any impact but it's an incredible sled otherwise. I think the subframe could be modified, and if I ever damage one I will have my welder work on it!

I am a big guy & have hit some pretty big bumps & holes. No tweaks or even a mark of any kind on my a-arms. I ride with all doo guys & we ride pretty hard on some nasty trails.

Just finished measuring and checking mine over, so far so good ! I will admit, though, that I'm a bit more concerned now that I've read all these reports on bent and tweaked parts, but I'm still gonna ride it the way I feel depending on the snow conditions, which is usually pretty hard ! ;)!

As far as the sled not being good for sit down, I totally disagree. I've got over 700 miles on of which were mostly sit down. Coming off an Rmk 151 with decent shocks , I was surprised on the ride of the Nytro, especially now with me putting the 144 on it. Downside for me is the warmers, but it's my fault for putting up with them hoping Yammi will come up with a fix before I start with my own remedies. Performance wise , when it was short track out of the box consistantly gps'd 97-98 , after heelclickers gps'd 95-96 but got there waay quicker. The machine fly's I'll give it that.

I own a standard and rode an RTX today over some nasty nasty stuff and there is no comparison. The RTX blew me away what it was able to do and stay flat !

I will say though the heavy steering and arm pump from the fox floats was brutal. Need a blend between the standard and RTX and you have a kick azz setup IMO.

My standard would out perform the RTX in the twisties but in the rough no comparison, on the standard when it gets bent out of shape it is down right scary but the RTX was flapper to the bar and was freakin bad azz. I said a prayer before I taped it over a succesion of motocross style woops that were probably 3 feet deep and it was rock on ;)! My standard would have donkey kicked me over the hood and the last thing I would have seem was my own sled coming to run me over :o|

Skydog, Have an RTX, and after a lot of suspension tuning, the sled is truly awesome. The handwarmers work good if you do some upgrades, and I ride with full leathers and good boots, but the ice builds up on my leg, but no wet foot.

Put the sled thru some of the deepest washouts, and no problems.

You need to try one out set up right, and see if you like it.

Sounds good guys!! I am SURE they ROCK!! I think i will see what they have for 09 then pick one up!

Thank you Skydog

I would hope they dont drop to much weight to quick or Yammi could be facing the same problems the XP is having. I believe Doo will be coming out with a light weight 4 stroke next year but I think the XP chasis will fail with the extra torque. I would rather have a durable/reliable sled than one thats going to fall apart

Doo is going to be coming out with a light four stroke? I wouldn't put my eggs in that basket...but demo'd a new E-TEC this weekend and liked it a lot.

If you think about it, the few front end issues that have been talked about here is a fration of a fraction of all the Nytros out there.
I ride the snot out of mine, and with just over 600 hard miles on it, it's still like new!!!!

Yea thank you , hey do they come with the anti-bottoms stoppers on the rails?

Thank you Skydog

Back