• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Brake/Caliper Issue...

I always use a full syringe, open the blender on the caliper and force the brake fluid in from the bottom. It forces the air out every time.
Yup, That's how you also fill hydraulic systems like brakes & gear boxes... bottom up. They sell hand pumps that fit quart bottles.

This may not apply in your case - but you may have air up high in the system by the lever.

You may want to crack that line and the handle bar - same procedure - pump handle, then hold - and crack bolt and quickly tighten.

Then work your way down to the lower bleeder.

I went in circles 2 yrs ago with the system not priming and it was aiYouay up high.

MS

Your

This may not apply in your case - but you may have air up high in the system by the lever.

You may want to crack that line and the handle bar - same procedure - pump handle, then hold - and crack bolt and quickly tighten.

Then work your way down to the lower bleeder.

I went in circles 2 yrs ago with the system not priming and it was air way up high.

MS

Thanks to the advice on here i got it working, I pumped it a few times and opened the bolt by the reservoir and after 3 cycles it was firm, couple more bleeds on the caliper bleeder and it was great, appreciate the help!
Good to hear.. Once you get it a few times and your successful the next time is easier yet..

Back