• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Broken Guide Wheel

Got a great dealer, took care of the situation regardless of YamaCGRA about a potential design flaw. The dealer swapped out the ported idler/guides with the midseason release for the APEX (rubber outer). Keeping the studs on the machine..96 down the center (Yes they are all tight and @ or below the track inner surface). Disappointed in the Yamaha response to the situation, not a warranty item...it'll be a midseason fix IMO.

Attachments

• IDLER 003.jpg
    IDLER 003.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 100
  • FLAT 001.jpg
    FLAT 001.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 66
osceolacabin said:
Got a great dealer, took care of the situation regardless of YamaCGRA about a potential design flaw. The dealer swapped out the ported idler/guides with the midseason release for the APEX (rubber outer). Keeping the studs on the machine..96 down the center (Yes they are all tight and @ or below the track inner surface). Disappointed in the Yamaha response to the situation, not a warranty item...it'll be a midseason fix IMO.

Not for nothing, but I rode the day you rode... Conditions were terrible and there were many large rocks... The problem might have been that.

Yamahnator said:
osceolacabin said:

Not for nothing, but I rode the day you rode... Conditions were terrible and there were many large rocks... The problem might have been that.

What area of the Tug did you ride?

The Tug is vast, in the area I rode OSC/Redfield...plenty of base with a few water holes that day. The problem was not base, I'm not out replacing idlers on the REV's.

osceolacabin said:
Yamahnator said:
osceolacabin said:

The Tug is vast, in the area I rode OSC/Redfield...plenty of base with a few water holes that day. The problem was not base, I'm not out replacing idlers on the REV's.

I was over by highmarket and towards the back of north south road. Not exceptionally far from where you were. And yes there were TONS of rocks. I was afraid of damaging something myself so I took it very slow. Not saying there isn't a problem but just pointing out that those rocky conditions will bust wheels like you wouldn't believe if you're hammering on it. All it would take is one bad hit on a large rock, while the rev missed it. I rode that day and didn't have problems but like I said I took it slow. Just saying what it could have been. And really it was a bad day to be out riding. Only those of us who HAD to get out there and put some miles on went lol :Rockon:

Yamahnator said:
osceolacabin said:
Yamahnator said:
osceolacabin said:

I was over by highmarket and towards the back of north south road. Not exceptionally far from where you were. And yes there were TONS of rocks. I was afraid of damaging something myself so I took it very slow. Not saying there isn't a problem but just pointing out that those rocky conditions will bust wheels like you wouldn't believe if you're hammering on it. All it would take is one bad hit on a large rock, while the rev missed it. I rode that day and didn't have problems but like I said I took it slow. Just saying what it could have been. And really it was a bad day to be out riding. Only those of us who HAD to get out there and put some miles on went lol :Rockon:

Two different areas all together, conditions on the top of the hill typically vary greatly from the bottom during early and late season. We had 30"+ @ camp that weekend, turned around before 46 corners when it got then and also heading west past the RES.

I understand your point, I'm sure there were TONS of rocks up near Highmarket...they were just outside the persistant LES band. Ask anyone that rode the Redfield area, the conditions were more than fair... ;)!

Actually I have a good friend that's a groomer for Osceola. He was up there and said it was similar conditions. Again, hopefully it's a freak thing.

So whats the verdict here? Guys with studs are having trouble, but the guys without are ok?

This is a warranty item correct?

-Steve

Funny....
My Rev rode the same 150 miles as my brothers Phazer FX.

My wheels and slides are fine. My studs have wear from riding in "rocky" conditions.

The Fx...
Slides are toast.. the rails are not showing, but it's very close.
The #18 wheels are trashed.
The track driver lugs are wore from the #18 wheels hammering them...

Doos have problems.... The SC4 skids had too small wheels that lead to accerated slide wear... They suggested bigger wheels...

So again, I sure that Yamaha wil fix the issue and not blame studs...(All studs were tight and none pulled or ripped thru!

We rode Tug Hill from C'vill to Barnes Corners out to Adams then back to Highmarket and ended back in C'ville.

Do you have the part number of the replacement wheels that they used?
Please let me know.

Thanks
Keith

keithstef said:
Funny....
My Rev rode the same 150 miles as my brothers Phazer FX.

My wheels and slides are fine. My studs have wear from riding in "rocky" conditions.

The Fx...
Slides are toast.. the rails are not showing, but it's very close.
The #18 wheels are trashed.
The track driver lugs are wore from the #18 wheels hammering them...

Doos have problems.... The SC4 skids had too small wheels that lead to accerated slide wear... They suggested bigger wheels...

So again, I sure that Yamaha wil fix the issue and not blame studs...(All studs were tight and none pulled or ripped thru!

We rode Tug Hill from C'vill to Barnes Corners out to Adams then back to Highmarket and ended back in C'ville.

Do you have the part number of the replacement wheels that they used?
Please let me know.

Thanks
Keith

No, I do not have the part number for the replacements. Should be easy to determine, call the dealership and ask for the Apex idler midseason replacements. It' is funny, Yamabater got anymore of your expert input...two seperate situations, same outcome.

BTW your groomer friend, entitled to his own opinion...probably drawing most of his trail report from the washed out section down below the Outpost...one section of trail that is always washed out. Go talk to Joe @ Cedar Pines, must have just wanted to burn thru some old diesel out grooming on that Saturday... :ORC

Good grief, all I said was it might have been the conditions. I was probably 15 miles away at the edge of my ride. Wasn't looking any better at that point. Plus what my buddy said.

Two people do not make a widespread problem. We'll see how the wheels do for a great many people once the east gets snow. Didn't know we were calling names now like 3rd grade.

yamaha has said that i cannot get my mountain lite from the dealer until they come up with an update for the wheels. maybe they dont want to give me warranty again???? anyways no studs in my track and the wheels broke.

Back