• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bulkhead Replacement 2009 Apex - THANKS!!!!

engineman

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Apex LTX, 2010 Vector LTX GT, 1996 Indy 500 SKS
Hello All,

Over MLK weekend I got off trail and hit a rock and busted the rear of my bulkhead and bent both my LH "A" arms. This past Saturday I finished installing the replacement bulkhead and everything went really well. I just wanted to give props to those who helped me both directly and indirectly via the forums:

- Travis at BOP - I ordered and received exactly what I needed to do the job. Travis also went the extra mile as he didn't have an upper "A" arm in my red color to have a friend ship one to me separately to ensure I got all the parts I needed. Thank you sir!!!

- The member who suggested using OFT Racing as a rivet supplier. They are local to me in MN and had great prices and quick delivery. The installed rivets (2 sizes of heads) fit great and looked factory! MUCH cheaper than Yamaha ($7.25 for 25)

- To all the other members who contributed to the many discussions giving hints and tips for the project. I learned so much searching and reading the posts I felt I had already done the job before even starting.

Thanks again to all!!!

Best regards,

Steve ;)!

PS: While my damage was at the rear of the bulkhead and it wouldn't of helped much in this instance I put a Bulkhead Saver from BOP anyway to maybe fend off replacement the NEXT time I run out of talent and blow a corner...... :-o

Last edited:

Back