• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Burning Yamaha !

Pako

Country
Other
Snowmobile
Vector RS
Horrifiying incident with Vector RS.

Unfortunately this is real and happened after 30 min of ride and light dropping to the left side with engine completely stopped. After turning snowmobile upright immediately (with stopped engine), it ignited itself so intensly that fire was impossible to shut down, despite some fire extinguishers, which were delivered to the scene immediately.
Luckily people were not hurt seriously.
Vector RS was in good condition and in standard configuration without any modification.

Many more scary pictures and videos will be available soon from whitnesses and bystanders.

My main question:
Are there many such cases around with Yamaha motors and what could be the reason?

Please share and help me to find similar cases. I have more machines with the similar engine and I need to understand if I can continue with Yamaha or do I need to replace the brand?
I even don't know exactly where to report such case.
My contact: paap@paap.ee, +372 5051015

Horrifiying incident with Vector RS.

Unfortunately this is real and happened after 30 min of ride and light dropping to the left side with engine completely stopped. After turning snowmobile upright immediately (with stopped engine), it ignited itself so intensly that fire was impossible to shut down, despite some fire extinguishers, which were delivered to the scene immediately.
Luckily people were not hurt seriously.
Vector RS was in good condition and in standard configuration without any modification.

Many more scary pictures and videos will be available soon from whitnesses and bystanders.

My main question:
Are there many such cases around with Yamaha motors and what could be the reason?

Please share and help me to find similar cases. I have more machines with the similar engine and I need to understand if I can continue with Yamaha or do I need to replace the brand?
I even don't know exactly where to report such case?

My contact: paap@paap.ee, +372 5051015
Not sure if this is any help but I have a 2016 VK Pro that has same engine as the vector. This winter I was filling fuel tank and noticed fuel pouring out of the engine compartment on the clutch side of the machine. I assumed the fuel was siphoning out the overflow but not positive what happened. I do smell fuel when going slow and over bumpy terrain.
Glad nobody was hurt.
ned

Thanks. Yes, there is a lot of machines with the same engine. I think it was some kind of a leak straight onto the hot exhaus but such fault should be elimineted by construction.

Back