• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Buying new Yamaha, but can't decide - Apex GT or Apex LTX GT

Long track hooks up better & bridges those ungroomed fire roads much better than shorty. 108 studs down center will do as much as 144 & less mass. So much 150hp grunt that all the studs in the world won't hook up shorty. Sport bags are nice to have to store stuff. I prefer Bergstrom 8" triples with skisavers & shims to any dooly. Either sled is a good sled but 136 better for me.

LTX is a nice ride. But I would get a 2010 Vector LTX as the 150hp Apex is way too much power. And it only gets about 13mpg. The new Vector can move out and gets better fuel mpg. Plus has lot's of improvements threw out.

I wish they had one when I bought my ATTAK. I wanted the FInjection but I find it hard to control.

I use to ride a RX1 121" and now own a APEX LTX 136" and will never go back to a SHORTY 121", the STABILITY and comfort is much better on the longer skid you will appreciate it on high speed runs its very stable and I'm not studded and by being longer = better traction

apltx08 said:
I use to ride a RX1 121" and now own a APEX LTX 136" and will never go back to a SHORTY 121", the STABILITY and comfort is much better on the longer skid you will appreciate it on high speed runs its very stable and I'm not studded and by being longer = better traction
exactly what he said, i also will never go back to a shorty

motohd66 said:
apltx08 said:
exactly what he said, i also will never go back to a shorty
As stated above,I will never buy a shorty again either. I went from a 06 Apex GT 121 to a 08 Apex LTX GT 136 and the ride is well worth it.

Swiss Sledder said:
Long track. Better stability at higher speeds and bridges the bumps better.

I agree with everything that Swiss Sledder has mentioned in his reply. I think that these 150 class sleds need the extra length of a 136" track to really put their power down to the snow. Also, they just have a much better balance to their overall looks with the 136" length.

I own the 08 Apex GT and yeah, i NOW regret not getting a long track. I've heard nothing bad about them. And i ride/live in Ont too. The "shorty's" always feel like they want to come around on you. Studded or not.

CaptCaper said:
LTX is a nice ride. But I would get a 2010 Vector LTX as the 150hp Apex is way too much power. And it only gets about 13mpg. The new Vector can move out and gets better fuel mpg. Plus has lot's of improvements threw out.

I wish they had one when I bought my ATTAK. I wanted the FInjection but I find it hard to control.

I looked at it but Mighty is right, not enough HP.

whitedust1 said:
Long track hooks up better & bridges those ungroomed fire roads much better than shorty. 108 studs down center will do as much as 144 & less mass. So much 150hp grunt that all the studs in the world won't hook up shorty. Sport bags are nice to have to store stuff. I prefer Bergstrom 8" triples with skisavers & shims to any dooly. Either sled is a good sled but 136 better for me.

I'm looking at a few bags. Right now I'm looking at:

- Premium Trunk Bag (if i go with the LTX GT) - Good for everyday riding
- Apex/Attack Tank Bag (for either GT or LTX GT) - Good for longer trips
- RX/RS Combination Sport Luggage (for either GT or LTX GT) - Good for longer trips

Cheers...
;)!

I had '04 Warrior (long track) '06 RTX (short track). Went back to long as you can see. Never going short again. I use the semi-rigid saddlebags from Yamaha. They have a lot of room and never move but I find that there is always a significant amount of build up of snow/ice on the bottom at the end of the day. Another good storage option is a bag that Yamaha sells that goes in the nose of the sled. It's a great place to keep booster cables,tow strap,oil....

Tirebuster said:
I had '04 Warrior (long track) '06 RTX (short track). Went back to long as you can see. Never going short again. I use the semi-rigid saddlebags from Yamaha. They have a lot of room and never move but I find that there is always a significant amount of build up of snow/ice on the bottom at the end of the day. Another good storage option is a bag that Yamaha sells that goes in the nose of the sled. It's a great place to keep booster cables,tow strap,oil....

Thanks. I'll look into that bag. :Rockon:

I second the nose bag. You can fit an amazing amount of essentials in there and it is a relatively cheap investment. Between that and my rear compartment I haven't found it necessary for any additional storage, but I don't do much for bagger trips.

Back