• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

C & A Pro Razor skis

Nytro0316

Veteran
Are these ski's really that good on the nytro. Will they not push through the corners anymore? Are they really worth the money or would the new ski's that Yamaha have put on for 2012 will just fine? Thanks as always!!

C&As are an excellent choice for the Nytro IMO. I have the cheaper version ( Trail X's ) which have the same keel, just different outer keels and they taper back....I love them, but my suspension is also set up...so I don't really get any push in the corners unless the conditions are extremely loose...in which case any ski can do that.

Have the C&A extremes and love them. Stock skis stink as these do not push and the sled handles much better and goes exactly where I want it to go. If you don't want an aggressive keel like the XTs, drop down to the XTXs. Those are overall rated the best for all around type of riding. The XTs have a deeper keel and are what a lot of the SNO-CROSS racers run. I have not tried other skis as I am sure other brands still much better than stock, but I am very happy with our set up.
;)!

I love the C&A Razors, but they are harder to turn. I have no darting and the handling is great.

I have the razors and I would not trade them. I have 9 in Shaper bars on them and I have no darting, no pushing and I have my straps all the way out. Just keep in mind that turning the sled in a parkinglot or trail head is well... not easy, hit the gym!

eddietcat01 said:
Love the Razors! There is increased steering effort, but oh well. I got used to it after 2 rides. Wouldn't trade them for any other ski.

You like them more than your curves?

rindtj said:
eddietcat01 said:
Love the Razors! There is increased steering effort, but oh well. I got used to it after 2 rides. Wouldn't trade them for any other ski.

You like them more than your curves?

Never tried the Curves on the Nytro, wanted to try something different. I can't compare apples to apples, but, the Curves on my Apex are not as aggresive as the C&A razors on my Nytro. I think the Curves are an excellent ski and very well made, just not sure they were what I was looking for on my Nytro. I'm sure many people will disagree, just my opinion. Also there is almost zero darting on the Nytro, I just can't say that about the Apex.

I have the split rails and I can imagine another ski doing so much for any sled as these do!

I have the trailx's on my one nytro and i loved them UNTILL i put on a set of slydog powder hounds with 4" carbides! The slydogs have to be the best ski that i have ever run! No darting, very little push in the corners and great in the deep! :bling

Deff worth getting them. Increased steering effort but nothing really that bad. Careful on the quick/jerks turns, I've almost rolled my buddies nytro from turning to quick. He has the outlaws.

yukon yamaha said:
I have the trailx's on my one nytro and i loved them UNTILL i put on a set of slydog powder hounds with 4" carbides! The slydogs have to be the best ski that i have ever run! No darting, very little push in the corners and great in the deep! :bling

QFT! Love them, My studded 121 doo friends cant out corner me and i am unstudded (obviously) with only 6" bars on them this year cause i couldnt get 4"

Back