• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

C&A RAZORS

JINXY

I have a standard fx nytro with c&a razors.I installed the rubber bumper that came with the kit with the talller part of the rubber towards the front of the sled as shown in the directions.I noticed that the front of the skis are tipped down when the sled is lifted-has anyone turned these rubbers around?I also am experiencing heavy steering-not sure if this is the cause or not-thanks in advance.

JINXY......I installed the rubbers with the taller part to the rear........and yes, the steering is heavier than w/ stock skis. I feel that the rubber could fit a bit tighter, as it's kinda loose in there.

yeah, i noticed that they were loose also.The skis work good in powder but heavy steering on hardpack.I should mention that i also have 6" shaper bars-perhaps this combo is too aggressive.

Try flipping the rubber bumpers around and see if that raises the front of the skis with the sled off the ground. If that doesn't work, see if you can use the stock ski bumpers, or add a small shim under the rear of the bumper. Either way, you have to get the skis pointing more upwards to relieve the heavy steering.

I just flipped the rubber around and the ski is just about level when i jack the front end up-has anyone tried shimming the rubber on the razors?I looked at the rubbers on the stock skis and they are alot softer than the c&a rubber-and they are also captured in the stock ski-not sure if they would work

I figured that they would steer harder when i bought them-i was just wondering if anyone with these skis has done anything to lessen the steering effort.My front limiter strap is pulled up 1 hole from longest-rear strap 2 holes from longest-front skid shock preload about 1" of threads left on top of shock,ski shock preload 1/2" tighter than spring rattle when front lifted.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.I have been struggling to get the handle on this sled and i'm going on a weeklong trip on friday.

Let out the front limiter strap all the way

I experienced the same on my rtx, so i put a 1/2 inch shim in the back of the c&a rubbers (tight but give it some muscle), this took away the shimmy in the front but not the steering. So what i did next was the best thing i ever did, I went up on my preload on my center shock 1 inch from stock, making this 3 inchs form the cross member nut and put 55lbs of presure in the front shocks (But you don't have floats) but still this lightented up the steering ALOT and made the front float WAY,WAY, Better it's alot like a POLARIS Front end now. Now its the best sled i've ever ridden. This is a true ditch banger sled set up, and pretty great in the trails. Oh yaha my limiter straps are all the way up. Just work with it, it will come around, but seriosly if you want the ski pressure off twist up the spring preload in the center skid and balance out your rear suspension!!!!!!!!!!!! This WORKS!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the replies.I just put 1/4" shims on the back of the rubber and the skis are sitting flat when I lift the sled.I also put woodys 4" carbides instead of the shaper bars,unfortunetely i dont have time to try the setup before my trip.I'm hesitant to go back to the stock setting on the limiter strap because it was less stable.Any more thoughts?

Hey did you get a chance to ride your Nytro with that setup? How did you end up? I just picked up a set of Razors at the right price. The guy I got them from had 8" carbide on the front. I could not turn it on hard pack. Way to much for the sled. I also am looking at the rubber bumper they sent with the skis. Needs some modification for it to fit right and some spacers. He was using the stock Yamaha rubber. Needs spacer as well. I am going to try a 4" carbide and see what happens. Am also going to take some wieght of the front of the sled. Lengthen the front strap of the rear suspension and shorten the rear strap. :yam:

What are you guys using for shims? I got to get installed on my Razors.. Its wearing out the front of the carbide bad. Its should also help it rail better in hard pack.

I found tightening the strap down to hole number three worked best for handling.

Back