• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

camoplast ice attack thoughts.

track

if your going to race on ice it's not the track, if you are going to hole
shot it's not the track, if you trail ride you will like it on trail it works fine,
at first i did not like mine but after getting use to it i like it, no studs through heat exchangers.

Yamadog1 is right. I've had three. Great track for all around use. We run lost of ice where i live works greaton lakes and rivers.

Love mine. Didn't realize how much until I rode a sled without. Back end all over a hard-groomed trail. Mine stays planted. Not as good as a studded track but no risk of puncturing a cooler either...

I have the ice ripper xt track on my Apex ltx. The new and improved clips have holes that act like a cheese grater on the slides. The holes fill with plastic and create more heat. The first set of slides I changed at 500 miles because they were worn to the line.
Second set I rode groomed trails in the U.P. exclusively for 750 miles and wore a hole right to the rail at the bend. The wear line was still intact.
Third set I rode 40 miles, again on groomed trails. Removed the slides and the cheese grater effect was very evident.

Replacing with solid clips before next season.

Hadn't noticed the cheese grater effect on mine.
Did on my predator track though.

The ice ripper has worked very well on my Rage.
Got it from Rich of Richs motorsports, he did very well on price & getting it to me!

The XT grips when you really need it, basic traction when taking off, but most importantly, braking traction and general traction in icy corners.
That is where it really shines without the hassle of regular studs. ;)!

Would definitely buy one again.

The 3 I've had no increase in slide wear. 2 were clipped every third window. Last was fully clipped. 2500 miles on 2010 vector LTX GT still original slides.

Is there less track howl on these compared to stock?? I ripped a stud through on my Vector 05 in a big way put quite a hole in it,and almost lost the front HX as well. Stayed together for end of season but I may do something with it over the summer.

YES, OTHER VARIOUS ADJUSTMENTS. tHE REAR SEEMS STIFFER THAN MY PREVIOUS MONO SHOCK MACHINES. i THINK i'LL GO TO A WEAKER SPRING. i'M SET FULL SOFT IN THE REAR AND STILL VERY LITTLE BOTTOMING.

Back