• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

can you do damage riding without transfer rod.

grizzerly

Extreme
my transfer rod backed off and bent tube and rod. I am going to ride this weekend wiothout. Just wondering if transfer is okay am i doing any damage to anything else??

Mine broke a couple years ago, and I rode for 400+ miles until I got the parts I needed. Just be careful when taking off or you will get such ski lift, you could stand it on end.

transfer rod

When I broke mine I rode It for a month without and 2 of my friends took theirs out for extended periods of time so they could get max wheelies ,no probs what so ever and the sleds got pounded as normal. I never did buy a new one as quite expensive . I ended up welding the threaded parts back together at a length that it handled good but still transfered some. :o|

I broke mine a couple of weeks ago and rode the past two weekends without it. It the transfer is crazy, your sled will feel like an animal. I just got my new one and put it in Wed. night. I will be glad to have it back but nothing happened to the machine running without it.

Technically, there is a little bit of damage occuring.

Lets see if I can describe what occurs.... Okay, its that curvy arm in the skid that compresses all the way and actually crushes the little arms (that point vertical when no load on suspension) which are connected to the curvy part. These arms are located near the back of the skid and are the most rearward connection between the internals of the skid and the rails.

This only happens if you bottom out, otherwise your stylin! Oh ya, watch out for track stab, this threat alone and the pending damage that could occur is what made me put mine back in.

Yamahammer485 said:

Lets see if I can describe what occurs.... Okay, its that curvy arm in the skid that compresses all the way and actually crushes the little arms (that point vertical when no load on suspension) which are connected to the curvy part. These arms are located near the back of the skid and are the most rearward connection between the internals of the skid and the rails.

This only happens if you bottom out, otherwise your stylin! Oh ya, watch out for track stab, this threat alone and the pending damage that could occur is what made me put mine back in.
what exactly do you mean? whats gunna stab the track?are you sayin the curvy part will hit the track if i bottom out hard.been ridin around with out it no problems,been jumping it to.

grizzerly said:
my transfer rod backed off and bent tube and rod. I am going to ride this weekend wiothout. Just wondering if transfer is okay am i doing any damage to anything else??
i have mine out,no problems yet in all types off conditons,i'm a lightweight so maybe thats why.just be careful and keep an eye on that area.yamahammer485 could be right!

Yamahammer485 said:

How did you get the tension off the springs to get the control rods in? Do you have to drop the back of the skid then install the control rod asem ?

kotapug said:
Yamahammer485 said:

How did you get the tension off the springs to get the control rods in? Do you have to drop the back of the skid then install the control rod asem ?
he's talkin about transfer rod on monoshock suspention apex rtx is different! :drink:

happened to me too!! crazy wheelies and hook up, when mine went it dug the inside of my track out all the way around the inside past the coards!! had to get a new track (i was looking for an excuse to get rid of the rip saw and get a cobra anyways!!)

kotapug said:
Yamahammer485 said:

No , don't drop the skid from the frame. Just set the back end of the machine back on the floor and have somone push down slightly on the back of the sled while you install the mounting bolts.

tomanytoyz said:
Yamahammer485 said:

what exactly do you mean? whats gunna stab the track?are you sayin the curvy part will hit the track if i bottom out hard.been ridin around with out it no problems,been jumping it to.

I also can be considered a light weight, only 200 in gear, 6'4"

As for track stab, its just that the increased transfer makes the windows on the track want to catch on the rail tips. I dont know of people that this happened to yet, but its more probabal to happen.

Also, had no idea the sled was an RTX, so my analogy isnt the same.

Back