• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cannot find any info.

snowhite

Pro
Country
Canada
OK been trying to set up -PROPERLY- the rear air shock on my 2015 STXDX! Do I lift the rear of the machine off the ground to check and set pressure, do I let it be on the ground and lift up on the rear end to take up sag ? What the H.? Can't find the best psi where I truly like the rear,and at what psi do I set it. I tried to google and never found anything on this topic,just about front ski shocks.Also have a very loud squeeking coming from the lower balljoint,have any of you guys had this on your sleds?

Hey there you should check and add air with the sled off the ground .A good way to find starting point for air pressure is set the sag for your weight push sled down when flat on the ground and let it settle where it is naturally .With your gear on extra gas or what ever you normally carry sit on sled .it should sag roughly 2 inches if more add air if less remove then ride and set to riding style if needed. Hope this helps .

Well went today for a good ride ,100 miles. So I had the rear shock set at 125 lbs.Found the rear was way to stiff ,jumping around on bumps etc.meaning it just seemed to kick back.So I dropped the psi to 105 lbs.this made it a little better but not much,I find this sled way too stiff,it hurts the back riding this thing! My '99 VT 600 actually rides way better!Is this what Yamaha put out for these sleds?stiff compression or is there a solution with this gizmoo air shock?

Sounds like you have to much tension on the center shock spring to be getting kick back loosen a couple turns or 6 and try again pain in the #*$&@ but once your setup right sled is a dream to ride

I'll check where mine is set the next time I go to the garage. The dealer asked me my dressed weight and had it set up when I got there. It rides like a dream. No kick back, turns well.

Back