• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

carbides for trail riding

I have Bergstrom triple points on my slydogs and they are awesome. Enough bite and 0 darting. Definately would recommend these.

I am very impressed with the Studboy bars. They are quite durable and my set will carryover into next season, a rarity for me. If you have stock Yammy skis, then get the Studboy Deuce bars. They cut down darting big time!

I had Studboy Shaper bars on my stock skis and they didn't help much at all, I switched to 5.7 pilot skis with their stock carbides and it was much better but I did have some minor darting and some pushing in the corners. Then I went with Bergstrom triple points on my pilot skis and wow, incredible. The sled now handles amazing. If you don't mind a little extra steering effort I would go with C & A Razor's and wouldn't think twice about putting the triple points on whatever ski you go with. The only reason I went with the Pilot's, is for less steering effort.

Scott is a great guy to deal with over the phone and he says that the triple points will make the stock skis work really good once they are shimmed properly. I never tried it, but I wish I did.

Hey Upei, I was originally thinking of going the snow tracker route but I was concerned with the steering effort. Did you notice if it made it any harder to steer the sled?

rz918 said:
I had Studboy Shaper bars on my stock skis and they didn't help much at all, I switched to 5.7 pilot skis with their stock carbides and it was much better but I did have some minor darting and some pushing in the corners. Then I went with Bergstrom triple points on my pilot skis and wow, incredible. The sled now handles amazing. If you don't mind a little extra steering effort I would go with C & A Razor's and wouldn't think twice about putting the triple points on whatever ski you go with. The only reason I went with the Pilot's, is for less steering effort.

Scott is a great guy to deal with over the phone and he says that the triple points will make the stock skis work really good once they are shimmed properly. I never tried it, but I wish I did.

How do the Tripple Point last? Do they last or does the carbide get run down quick, compared to say a Woody's Executive Series?

rz918 said:
Hey Upei, I was originally thinking of going the snow tracker route but I was concerned with the steering effort. Did you notice if it made it any harder to steer the sled?

No effort at all...once I loosened the spring pressure on my front skid shock it was like I was on rails. The only thing you have to get used to is in the spring when you hit gravel you stop suddenly if you are not carrying speed.

Sledfreak, I've been running them since Scott introduced them. I have a set that I got back when I purchased my 02 Venture. It has my original 02 Viper skiis on it. As near as I can figure these had 9,000 miles on them. All the carbide was intact. Yes, it was flat, but all there. These were UP and North Central WI miles. In Wi we run a lot of sandy snirt. Have Tripples on all of my sled's except the 91 Phazer. I have over 3,000 on the set on my Attak. Still sharp and no missing carbide. Won't run anything else ;)!

What type of ski's are you running now? Might help guys make a better decision IMO

I am running Slydog Powderhounds on my Attak and C@A Pro XT on my Viper.

SledFreak, my stock carrbides wore out to the ski in 300miles....then got triplepoints 1800miles they still look new except from a small chip in the carbide. Scott called me for feeback I told him about the small chip...(Not a big deal to me) I said it must have broke on a rock or train track...anyways scott said sent them back, and hell replace them with new ones....I said as if...its a wear ideam and I don't expect that...he said nope, there not suppose to chip....amazing customer service..Ill always buy from him now

Back