• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carlisle (Ultimax) Drive Belts

snomonut

VIP Member
I noticed a post in the Apex section that was referencing Carlisle belts. One poster liked them for the increased performance and the reduced belt dust, as compared to Yamaha OEM belts. Has anyone run an XS Carlisle belt? If so, what is the part number (for the Vector) and what have been your experiences with it. Thanks!

part # should be the same as the apex one as both sleds use the same belt stock. i have heard the aftermarket belts are softer and tend not to last as long as the stock belt.

Thanks maim...I am mainly interested due to the fact that I really HATE all the belt dust the Yammie belts create and if these belts really do run cooler as well, well, one would think that 15,000 miles down the road, the clutch would be that much better off from reduced heat. :flag:

snomonut said:
I noticed a post in the Apex section that was referencing Carlisle belts. One poster liked them for the increased performance and the reduced belt dust, as compared to Yamaha OEM belts. Has anyone run an XS Carlisle belt? If so, what is the part number (for the Vector) and what have been your experiences with it. Thanks!

Just added to that post and asked the same question.

I am going to try one as I trust Sherlock and the info he provides, he is very knowledgable imo. ;)!

Belt number

The belt # is XS805. I just picked this belt up for my wifes 08 Vector LTX. Shade Trees part # for this belt is 22-227. I have not installed it yet.

I have been using the ultimax3 138-4432U3 since my sled has been new. I have no 8DN scores or other marks on my primary. I changed from the 8DN because I couldn't stop the squeeling after 500 miles. The Ultimax 3 belt is simply the best I have had on any sled in the past few years. I will though change over to XS805 belt next time. Dust? They all make too much dust.

Back