• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carlisle XS Ultimax Belt

It is not as hard of a compound as the OEM belt, so you are getting less belt slippage. You can go back to OEM, or else start reclutching to match the Carlisle. Unless you are drag racing, I would go back to OEM, as they are known to last much better than the aftermarket belts

I've been running the carlisle XS for the past 4 winters... and thousands of miles... didn't see what your tlaking about.. yes they are a softer compound but i go thru a belt about every 4000 miles.... and i find that the XS has alot less belt dust... ie.. cleaner under the hood.

Where are you seeing the drop?? both the apex's still pull a tad under 11G under WOT...

What part number is on that belt?? I for the first time just bought a Ultimax XS for my apex this week as a recommendation from the SnowTech magazine. Part # for apex should be XS805. The quote from SnowTech was "Try one of these belts from Hartman and see what happens-we were impressed." Will see what happens I guess.

What the article was saying was that the Altimax belts are made out of a softer rubber compound compared to the stock Yamaha belts--with the higher HP sleds the Ultimax belts are supposed to have allot less clutch slip compared to the stockers do to the softer compound.

sherlock29 said:
I've been running the carlisle XS for the past 4 winters... and thousands of miles... didn't see what your tlaking about.. yes they are a softer compound but i go thru a belt about every 4000 miles.... and i find that the XS has alot less belt dust... ie.. cleaner under the hood.

Where are you seeing the drop?? both the apex's still pull a tad under 11G under WOT...

Interesting, I was under the understanding that nothing beats a Yamaha OEM belt.
Might just have to give one a try?

Speaking of which, I assume you don't change them out yearly if you don't reach 4,000 miles?
My machine has just under 5K but I do know the belt was changed at least once by the previous owner.

Irv said:
sherlock29 said:

Interesting, I was under the understanding that nothing beats a Yamaha OEM belt.
Might just have to give one a try?

Speaking of which, I assume you don't change them out yearly if you don't reach 4,000 miles?
My machine has just under 5K but I do know the belt was changed at least once by the previous owner.
Hey Irv...

yes i dont change yearly... i go by mileage, and condition of course... the belt i have on now has 3700 miles (last years miles) and it is still in very good shape with life left, but i will be putting on a new one, and this will be my new spare... both my apex's were new in 2008 and the 40th has 10500 on it and the RTX has 10300, all miles in last 4 winters, and the only OEM belts i used were the ones that came with the sleds..

I've been hearing alot also on the dayco XTX... in the same catagory with the XS... i have no experience with these ones.

Irv said:

Nothing beats the Yamaha OEM belt as far as longevity goes. But the Ultimax XS belt beats the Yamaha OEM belt hands down on performance.

The XS belt is a softer compound and won't last as long. But you will not have significantly reduced slippage, cooler running clutches and see an improvement in clutch response.

I've been running them for years, have never blown one personally (although I have seen it happen) and get about 4k miles, or 2 seasons, out of a belt before it is worn down. I see the belt as a maintanance item, just like hyfax or carbides. I don't expect it to last forever. Overall, it's like putting tires on your car. You can put on tires that will last for 100k miles and have poor performance. Or you can put on tires that have less mileage, but perform great ... my sled is a performance machine and I treat it that way.

Back