• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat Suspensions

What cracks me up is for years, until 2002 everybody picked on Cat for not having a coupled rear suspension and now the new Mach comes without a coupled rear suspension.

Jim

cat skid

I bent the front of the rails !/2" after 750 miles,because it was starting to wear the front of slider,and the end prtector and also getting close to the phillips head bolt that holds on the slider,it now wears even with the slider.It is easy to bent the rail,remove slider and end protector,slide a piese of 2"pipe over the end,slightly heat the rail with a torch 8" back from the front of the slider.I have approx 2500 miles on this set up with no problems,had to change springs and recharge the gas shock,because of the turbo hp,it would squat down when the turbo kicked in with 15#of boost.

loose track

A track so loose that it ratchets in deep fluffy snow is hurting you more than you know, it completely ruins the low approach angle needed to get you on top of the snow. You need to find a happy medium, like knapp said-- I would bet he has forget more about setting up a sled to get power to the ground than most of us will ever know!!

As an ex Cat owner (and owner of a Cat skid, and my wife has a Cougar), I have always been taught that Cats need a fairly tight track to keep the suspension working right...basically, they designed the track tension into their suspension design. Not sure if thats right, but I've had more than 1 Cat dealer tell me that the track should be good and tight on Cats compared to some other brands.

Jim

tight track

nhrx1rider,thats just not tru,i had cats for 3 years,and ran a cat skid in my rx1 for two years,because of the torque senson link,that the skid attaches too,it becomes the live axle,and under acceleration,it squats and tentions,not rachets like others,poo design works same way,why do you think lickety split,and others,my self included went this route,helps when you race,plus all the added benefits. :Rockon:

Back