• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat vs Doo shootout

I've been to Nova Scotia, the people there are friendly, helpful and mostly awesome. I'm from Massachusetts and we in Mass have a reputation...20/80, I think you'd do very well living here in Mass. Can I suggest when you come to take route 93 south and get off on the Massachusetts Ave Boston exit and settle in..you'd find your intellectual equals there.
This site is sinking into DOO Talk, especially with our new Masshole 2080. Joe
Well Thanks for looking out for me Joe, I have family in Massachusetts, you know we have more in common than you think, I worked on the off shore supply vessels for a few years, this site is far from sinking into Doo Talk, no need for name calling, I have done nothing to you.

Let's get back on topic please.
20/80 can have his opinion. He's not right or wrong. Just his opinion. He still loves his Yamaha.

NOW the "Shootout"
Less then ideal conditions & yes, once sleds started coming with "break-in" modes, this shootout became useless.
ALL motors need to break-in, but the new ones are PURPOSELY DE-TUNED from factory.

BUT, again it's a HUGE BUTTT, you can still see what's most likely gonna happen in the real world.
The 137" ProCross Chassis does NOT transfer weight off the line very well. ON PURPOSE!!!!
I'm NOT downplaying the AC chassis just stating that it was designed for TRAIL!!!!
I drag race from a stop maybe twice on a 300 mile ride. I don't like digging up trails so we look for lakes if we go across one.
In the trail the ProCross was perfect.
The DOO's always lift the skis, which is fun, but USELESS in the trail.

BUT the DOO, without big changes, is easier to get to hook up.
It's also MUCH snappier & responsive on bottom due to the "fly by wire" throttle & where the turbo is located.
AGAIN, in most trail conditions, corner to corner the Winder is perfect & flawless. And SMOOOOOOOTH!!!!! Actually SCARY SMOOOOOTH!
This is what i'll be paying attention to.

BUT the "shootout" shows this is gonna be a good race.
It's all in fun anyways. Ride to the right, snap some pics, break your buds' balls, argue about 2-strokes & 4-strokes, argue over makes & models but most of all.....................HAVE FUN

P.S: I had MORE fun on a little 600 last year in my life. Not cuz it was a DOO but because i was riding & not crying
P.S2: But it is MUCH funner being the fastest those 2 times across lake

Not at all, Confused ask me a question and I gave him my honest opinion, that's it, Stain completely blew a gasket over my opinion with his foolish rant, which had nothing to do with him or anyone else, just gave Confused my opinion because he asked, "its some easy" means that you guy's get worked up over someone voicing a opinion that does not reflect or pour down sunshine on your good decision that you bought and trail ride a winder, even in the lounge thread, not every rides a winder or can afford a winder, so you guy's keep that in mind on this site, So if you guy's are going to give it, you better be able to take it.

You're correct, I asked for your opinion and you gave it. Who am I to say your opinion is wrong? I have opinions about every sled out there lol! It is clear though, you like to stir the pot with SW owners. It's not clear why exactly, besides for your own entertainment. Some of SW downfalls you constantly bring up, are valid, but you chose to ignore the the proven downfalls of your beloved Apex. I won't detail them for either sled. I will say, they all break. I don't care what it is (sleds, ATV's, motorcycles, cars, trucks, etc) or what brand/model, it will break at some point. I'm sure there will come a day when you have a need/question for the TY community and as it stands now, you are making no friends. You get more bees with honey.

Well Thanks for looking out for me Joe, I have family in Massachusetts, you know we have more in common than you think, I worked on the off shore supply vessels for a few years, this site is far from sinking into Doo Talk, no need for name calling, I have done nothing to you.
you're right, you've done nothing to me except insult my sled...I love my sled and I'm happy with my choice. I worked hard to afford shelling out close to $20k for my 2020 STX with GSE power steering along with a bunch of BOP products to make my ride all it can be. Thanks to the guidance I get from people who have shared their positive feedback, my knowledge has grown on keeping my investment in good working order. If you can understand my perspective then all is good. Joe

You're correct, I asked for your opinion and you gave it. Who am I to say your opinion is wrong? I have opinions about every sled out there lol! It is clear though, you like to stir the pot with SW owners. It's not clear why exactly, besides for your own entertainment. Some of SW downfalls you constantly bring up, are valid, but you chose to ignore the the proven downfalls of your beloved Apex. I won't detail them for either sled. I will say, they all break. I don't care what it is (sleds, ATV's, motorcycles, cars, trucks, etc) or what brand/model, it will break at some point. I'm sure there will come a day when you have a need/question for the TY community and as it stands now, you are making no friends. You get more bees with honey.
So... I am not allowed to post anymore, or voice my opinion with anything to do with a Sidewinder, ok, what about any of the other sleds on this site would it be all right to comment or voice a opinion on all other sleds that make up this site, do you think it would be ok without upsetting the winder crowd, thanks

you're right, you've done nothing to me except insult my sled...I love my sled and I'm happy with my choice. I worked hard to afford shelling out close to $20k for my 2020 STX with GSE power steering along with a bunch of BOP products to make my ride all it can be. Thanks to the guidance I get from people who have shared their positive feedback, my knowledge has grown on keeping my investment in good working order. If you can understand my perspective then all is good. Joe
SORRY I insulted your sled, I did not realize, is he going to be all right? does he have a name? I worked very hard to afford getting my Apex also. thanks.

So... I am not allowed to post anymore, or voice my opinion with anything to do with a Sidewinder, ok, what about any of the other sleds on this site would it be all right to comment or voice a opinion on all other sleds that make up this site, do you think it would be ok without upsetting the winder crowd, thanks

You clearly didn't read my post. You're also showing your maturity level with that pity party/run on sentence. This forum is open for discussion/opinions but know, your poor attitude will get you nowhere.

You clearly didn't read my post. You're also showing your maturity level with that pity party/run on sentence. This forum is open for discussion/opinions but know, your poor attitude will get you nowhere.
Yes, maturity level, you got it all wrong, I think I have a great attitude and would help anyone on this site if I could, I love pure Yamahas.

Let's get back on topic please.
20/80 can have his opinion. He's not right or wrong. Just his opinion. He still loves his Yamaha.

NOW the "Shootout"
Less then ideal conditions & yes, once sleds started coming with "break-in" modes, this shootout became useless.
ALL motors need to break-in, but the new ones are PURPOSELY DE-TUNED from factory.

BUT, again it's a HUGE BUTTT, you can still see what's most likely gonna happen in the real world.
The 137" ProCross Chassis does NOT transfer weight off the line very well. ON PURPOSE!!!!
I'm NOT downplaying the AC chassis just stating that it was designed for TRAIL!!!!
I drag race from a stop maybe twice on a 300 mile ride. I don't like digging up trails so we look for lakes if we go across one.
In the trail the ProCross was perfect.
The DOO's always lift the skis, which is fun, but USELESS in the trail.

BUT the DOO, without big changes, is easier to get to hook up.
It's also MUCH snappier & responsive on bottom due to the "fly by wire" throttle & where the turbo is located.
AGAIN, in most trail conditions, corner to corner the Winder is perfect & flawless. And SMOOOOOOOTH!!!!! Actually SCARY SMOOOOOTH!
This is what i'll be paying attention to.

BUT the "shootout" shows this is gonna be a good race.
It's all in fun anyways. Ride to the right, snap some pics, break your buds' balls, argue about 2-strokes & 4-strokes, argue over makes & models but most of all.....................HAVE FUN

P.S: I had MORE fun on a little 600 last year in my life. Not cuz it was a DOO but because i was riding & not crying
P.S2: But it is MUCH funner being the fastest those 2 times across lake
From the vids I seen on the shootout it would have been nice to see the Polaris camp there, the Mach Z being the new kid on the block with lots of interest seem to steel the show, I thought it was impressive, never got to see the doo 850's you spoke of paddling some azzes though, would have been nice to see, 600 class sleds are fun, you don't need big HP to have fun trail riding, and they are no slouch by any means, the Venom being a single owners are having tons of fun on them, there great for around the cottage and for ice fishing and trail riding, not sure if Cat figured out why some engines were seizing, looking forward to reading the snow Mags view of the shoot out at old forge.

Actually i was wrong about the 850!
Only the Mach & Thundercat ran 660', the others ran 1000' so they had 340' to get top speed.
Would have been cool to have the 850 Turbos there also just for chits & giggles.
The new Polaris BOOST made 196hp on Bikeman's Dyno.

Actually i was wrong about the 850!
Only the Mach & Thundercat ran 660', the others ran 1000' so they had 340' to get top speed.
Would have been cool to have the 850 Turbos there also just for chits & giggles.
The new Polaris BOOST made 196hp on Bikeman's Dyno.
Does the new Polaris 850 boost give you any more power at sea level or is it strictly for high altitude? 196hp that's stock? what does the Doo 2 stroke turbo sled have or does it just keep it at 165 at high altitude.

CAT versus DOO at SHOOTOUT
Stay focused boys.
It's like trying to teach 13 year old boys how to play Basketball with a stripper in the back ground.

What did we learn from the video?
1. The "shootout" was more like a squirt gun fight
2. Polaris is WAAAY behind on sled production
3. Not many Yamaha dealers left
4. The ThunderCat won the first battle of this "WAR" (as in Turbo war)
5. The Mach is bringing some Heavy Iron to the next battle
6. 20/80 loves Apexes & HATES Sidewinders
7. CONFUSED will NOT be sending Mr. 20 an Xmas card this year
8. I may hook up with Joe the Sailor to run my stock 900 against his stock Winder for a real "shootout"
9. uuummmmmm........i ran out of things to say..............end of the World is coming

From what I have read the 850 Doo turbo really only excels at high altitude, I have not heard any results from Poo yet to compare.
Hope folks can share some info on this

Does the new Polaris 850 boost give you any more power at sea level or is it strictly for high altitude? 196hp that's stock? what does the Doo 2 stroke turbo sled have or does it just keep it at 165 at high altitude.

Not sure.
I was gonna look into that cuz DOO claimed 165hp everywhere including Sea Level
I saw the video on DooTalk sent in by ROCKERDAN

Back