• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat vs Doo shootout

Part 1, Doo Boost running in break-in mode

Part 2, Doo Boost, stock, full power

I can't repost the video so on YOUTUBE look up.
"How Much Power does the 22 Polaris Boost Make"
Maybe someone else can do it
To post a youtube video, look for the share button, choose the option to copy the link. Back on this site look for the media button, it is one to the right of the smileyface

1639970438312.png

Click on media and paste the link from youtube

save your message.

NOW the "Shootout"
Less then ideal conditions & yes, once sleds started coming with "break-in" modes, this shootout became useless.
ALL motors need to break-in, but the new ones are PURPOSELY DE-TUNED from factory.

Doo's 2 strokes needs to go through 3 tanks. Not sure about AC's 800cc CTEK-2 but we know it has a break-in mode too with all the oil it goes through at first.

People keep saying break-in modes for 900 and 998 turbos but I could not find any proof of this. I went through my Sidewinder manual too. Still waiting on my Doo manual/sled unfortunately. I do not believe 4 strokes have or need a de-tuned break-in mode.

Doo's 2 strokes needs to go through 3 tanks. Not sure about AC's 800cc CTEK-2 but we know it has a break-in mode too with all the oil it goes through at first.

People keep saying break-in modes for 900 and 998 turbos but I could not find any proof of this. I went through my Sidewinder manual too. Still waiting on my Doo manual/sled unfortunately. I do not believe 4 strokes have or need a de-tuned break-in mode.

I agree.
I know the 998 does NOT have a "break-in" mode although it does need to break in. About 2000 miles seems to be the consensus.
I was told the 900 has a "break-in" mode, but have not seen anything to prove this.
My 600R had a number at top of screen counting down how much longer.

BTW: Per the Dealers i talked to:
The Doo does NOT go by miles or 3 tanks. It's a combo of a bunch of things including miles, miles at certain rpm's & hours.
The Poo is set at 300 miles. Exactly. At 301 it's GO time.

To post a youtube video, look for the share button, choose the option to copy the link. Back on this site look for the media button, it is one to the right of the smileyface

View attachment 164432

Click on media and paste the link from youtube

save your message.
Thanks. I tried that. Had nowhere to put it, to get it. Oh well. Some day

Back