• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Catalyst 998t rumours

Bought my Thundercat in 2019 for $16k out the door, their now close to double that and what did they do add power steering? Lol

Things are out of hand .

Saw a nice Duramax in the lot the other day $126000 plus tax. crazy.

However, the days of full MSRP priced sleds is behind us again with the poor winter we are coming off from. I see all kinds of new machines for less then used sleds were going for just a year or two ago. Lots of good deals out there right now on new or low mile Winders and Cats. Same for Poo's and Doo's. Auto prices have also come wayyyy down too so the markets are now stabilizing.

I remember back in 78 when the a Yamaha SRX was like $2400 and my Dad thought that was absolutely F'n crazy, but it's all relative really. For comparison, $2,400 in 1978 is worth $11,423.04 today, would you give that much for that old technology today in comparison to the offerings of todays SRX? That old 78, does it really have $11,423.04 worth of value to offer in todays dollar? I know I would not want one to ride at half the cost of the 24 SRX if it was offered.

A new Corvette was about $9,500 for comparison in 78, a 78 Camaro was about $4,500. Dad thought all these prices were stupid high. Now look at where the pricing on all these items have gone.....

I just looked up the average 78 salary and found it was $13,500 depending on where you look, and adjusted for inflation thats $65,204.91 in 2023. Funny how people have said the same thing over and over for years how the price of things is getting crazy. Guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.... I too think the pricing is getting to high, and it really was during the COVID period, but seeing the DEALS out there right now this spring, they are really really good if one wanted a newer machine.
Yes, I would rather have a 78 than a new one,

However, the days of full MSRP priced sleds is behind us again with the poor winter we are coming off from. I see all kinds of new machines for less then used sleds were going for just a year or two ago. Lots of good deals out there right now on new or low mile Winders and Cats. Same for Poo's and Doo's. Auto prices have also come wayyyy down too so the markets are now stabilizing.

I remember back in 78 when the a Yamaha SRX was like $2400 and my Dad thought that was absolutely F'n crazy, but it's all relative really. For comparison, $2,400 in 1978 is worth $11,423.04 today, would you give that much for that old technology today in comparison to the offerings of todays SRX? That old 78, does it really have $11,423.04 worth of value to offer in todays dollar? I know I would not want one to ride at half the cost of the 24 SRX if it was offered.

A new Corvette was about $9,500 for comparison in 78, a 78 Camaro was about $4,500. Dad thought all these prices were stupid high. Now look at where the pricing on all these items have gone.....

I just looked up the average 78 salary and found it was $13,500 depending on where you look, and adjusted for inflation thats $65,204.91 in 2023. Funny how people have said the same thing over and over for years how the price of things is getting crazy. Guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.... I too think the pricing is getting to high, and it really was during the COVID period, but seeing the DEALS out there right now this spring, they are really really good if one wanted a newer machine.
Good post.

New machines will start getting discounted by the manufacturers if they ain't selling.

New machines will start getting discounted by the manufacturers if they ain't selling.
Several Doo dealers on the SD forum are reporting that spring orders were down 75-80% compared to last season.

There should be some great deals coming.

There are some massive sales on 22-23-24’s. New ones took another slight jump and I’m thinking in an attempt to not drop price of those on floor. Unfortunately the used market has more than tanked. I could justify a 24-25k sled if I still got 13-15 for mine, now that it’s 7-8k I can no longer justify it.

IMHO building an engine to equal the 998 now that they know what to strive for would be fairly easy task this day and age. 998 is in its 8th year in the sleds , been a great motor but could be matched in a heart beat, possibly bettered.
THIS... I feel like Cat better have something that is equal or better then the 998.. If not they will fade off and fold soon. The 858 release and new 4 smokes will show us if Textron wants to be a part in the snow biz. Do they have the rabbit in the hat? will see but I will not be surprised if they come with something that surprises more then disappoints.

Yes, I would rather have a 78 than a new one,

Then you like getting absolutely pounded with that old leaf spring suspension while riding soooo slooowww, but then again you like those old Apexs too, so no surprise there I guess.....

They already are. Thats why I say there are plenty of deals out there right now. Saw a 24 Thundercat sell for 17,500 used with 10 mies on it. I found my buddy a nice 23 SRX for $17,100 with 18 miles on it. There's a 24 Cat RR 9000 on the market right now with 400 miles on it for 14,900 and I see plenty of brand new Riot 9000's out there at mid to high 17's on the dealers showrooms. Many new 24 Thundercats and Riots to be had at discounted pricing. Winders a plenty still new on dealers floors too.

any chance you would let me know where this is at?

Long drive for ya! Big Bend WI.

No deals in Canada to be found
dealer in sudbury had big sale on sat on sleds. $$ too tight for me atm to buy another sled to add to the fleet.

Back