• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CCA on Viper Battery

northof50

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
14 viper LTX Deluxe
Does any body know what the CCA is on the stock Viper Battery?

I was looking at the earthx battery when it comes time to replace. They have 400CCA.
They are more expensive but I will give them a try when the time comes.

many probs with that batt in these vipers. something to do with electronics and sled not runing right or dying

Agree. Had my battery fully charged before heading to UP Tuesday. Get ready to unload sleds from trailer Wednesday morning -1 deg.
Go to fire up sled and just cranked and very slow. No start. WTF. Turn key off, go to crank again, no start. Just craned but slow again. Now battery is cranking really slow. Two try's to start the sled and the battery seems almost dead. Had to jump start my sled with my wife's 2004 ski doo that has electric start.

All week the Viper started like crap in the mornings. Sled would fire up but ran rough like it was loosing a cylinder or something.

But the strange thing is. If I turned the sled off and restarted it, it would run fine.

Maybe my battery is junk.

Taking sled to dealer for reflash this week. I'll have the dealer check the battery.

Agree. Had my battery fully charged before heading to UP Tuesday. Get ready to unload sleds from trailer Wednesday morning -1 deg.
Go to fire up sled and just cranked and very slow. No start. WTF. Turn key off, go to crank again, no start. Just craned but slow again. Now battery is cranking really slow. Two try's to start the sled and the battery seems almost dead. Had to jump start my sled with my wife's 2004 ski doo that has electric start.

All week the Viper started like crap in the mornings. Sled would fire up but ran rough like it was loosing a cylinder or something.

But the strange thing is. If I turned the sled off and restarted it, it would run fine.

Maybe my battery is junk.

Taking sled to dealer for reflash this week. I'll have the dealer check the battery.
So you have a earthx battery in your sled and you are having these issues?

I have the earthx battery since I bought the sled in 14 with no issues at all. It works fine in manitoba winters. It is also an approx. 11lb weight loss off the sled. It cranks far longer than acid and does not freeze like a lead acid.

So far mine has been working great, mind you I haven't had a chance to start it in the extreme cold yet but hopefully it will work fine. As of right now it seems as if my starter motor is super charged, i'v never heard this engine turn over so fast. My Guage reads 13v when I turn the key on so I guess the extra voltage helps turn it over quicker.

The stock Yuasa YTX 20 battery is rated at 18.9 AH and 270 CCA.

It is an AGM battery that should be more than adequate for the Viper.

I had on in my Apex and I have one in my Sea Doo. It is a good battery.

I wonder if they put in different batteries depending on where the sled is going, my factory battery says it's 310cca.

Back