• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ceramic bearings to reduce drag?

Cfpdscott

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha viper Rtx-se
Just doing some thinking. I was curious if anyone has thought about replacing idler wheel/trihub bearings with ceramic racing bearings? Racers do it to get an edge and more speed I wonder if it would work on the viper to reduce drag and get a little more top end?

Just doing some thinking. I was curious if anyone has thought about replacing idler wheel/trihub bearings with ceramic racing bearings? Racers do it to get an edge and more speed I wonder if it would work on the viper to reduce drag and get a little more top end?
I am sure it would but I just couldn't justify the risk and cost on a trail sled.

Definitely a better bearing..as far as stickshin...but so slight you would not feel any improvement. Running a high speed champ sled..with 100 other things done..is where they would be good.

Back