• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Challenger Xtrem or the Ascent?

YamahaPhazer

i wonder wich one is the better? the challenger extrem or the camoplast ascent for my non-boosted nytro 162". i want one that is durable on trails and really good in deep pow ;)! or is there another track better then the CE or the CA ? thx! :Rockon:

The Camoplast "Peak" track is sounding to be pretty killer, it funnels the snow to the center of the track and lifts the sled as it spins. One guy I talked to who has one on his dragon said it's the best track he's ridden, helps you from getting stuck. Checked one out in the shop the other day, it's a way stiffer lug than the CE so it seems as though it would hold up against folding over on hard pack a bit longer.

The Peak is not offered in the 3.0 pitch. Peak is similar to the Ascent, except it's 2.5" rather than 2.25". From what I understand, the CE is proven and what all tracks are measured by. With that said, CE is probably the best. Haven't heard much reviews on the Ascent track though.

I'll let you know when I get back tomorrow night. I have a bone stock 2012 Nytro. Will be riding with a 2010 800XP 163 and a '08 Nytro with a 153" CE

I got into some OK snow last weekend with my Ascent and it performed well.

I have not gotten in enough good powder riding this year yet for me to form an opinion one way or the other on the track. It has done great on the logging roads and trails, but I want to get it into some fluff soon!

Ascent worked great! I see no reason to get rid of this track. Sled just floated through the powder. Worked great at low speeds and seemed to climb and sidehill very well too. There was enough powder on Sat. that I was missing my turbo but I also like a challenge. The only time I got stuck was on a long sidehill and I was trying to inch past a small group of trees before I turned out and finally lost momentum. I was amazed at how far I kept going at a relatively slow speed, just kept moving forward! Wasn't even a contest with my brother-in-law's 153 CE, that sled was the stuck machine and a trenching monster. I let him ride my sled and I couldn't get it back!

My dealer is selling them for $795 but I haven't found any takeoffs. Hell, I couldn't even find a 2012 to buy without driving 6 hours round trip. Too many 2010s and 2011s still left in inventory, nobody ordered any 12s

TurboVector said:
My dealer is selling them for $795 but I haven't found any takeoffs. Hell, I couldn't even find a 2012 to buy without driving 6 hours round trip. Too many 2010s and 2011s still left in inventory, nobody ordered any 12s

That's not bad of a deal. My dealer wanted $1300 for that track. It's 2.25" correct?

Back