• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Changed any shock settings?

VKbcnorth

Extreme
Have you changed your ski or suspension shock settings from the factory soft setting?

How much weight are you carrying?

What snow/trail conditions do you run?

Front Suspension:
-Stiffened considerably from stock

Rear Suspension:
-Coilover spring on max setting
-FRA in lowest position (stiffest)

I weigh 230lbs, always tow something, various snow conditions. I find the rear end on these VK Pros a tad soft for my liking, still manage to bottom it on some quick drop-outs.

The backing up in loose snow comes with adjusting the tension on the flip up. If it digs down it's too tight. I changed the spring in my front pivot this year because I found the stock one too flimsy. They sell three different springs and I went with the stiffest thinkng it would be better, only it's so strong there is no weight on my skis and it's now extremely tippy. I shortened the limiter straps and set it to the softess setting and I almost have it back to pre experiment handling but not quite. Still more ski lift and body roll. It does better in the bumps and must be helping the rear pivot a bit more.

I also have a new spring on order. I also found that I have to tie up the snow flap so it doesn't get stuck under the track preventing it from flipping up. I also have to keep an eye on snow build up under the back of the tunnell. A great idea I read on this form was to carry a small pinch bar to get rid of the ice works well. I have my tension on the flip up backed off flush with the nuts.

Thanks for the info.

Cut the bottom 2" of the flap because you constantly run over it anyway, especially with a studded track. My studs chewed right through mine so I didn't have a choice. I use some bungies on either side now to hold up what's left.

Back