• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Check out these new skis

MrSled said:
shaddow44 said:
A ski that doesn't dart, bites hard in the corners without pushing and has some bling factor...whats so hard to get?

Sounds to me like you may be on the payroll...LOL, I have yet to see a ski that works that well. None of them do what they claim.

My point exactly lol!!!! ;)!

MrSled said:
shaddow44 said:
A ski that doesn't dart, bites hard in the corners without pushing and has some bling factor...whats so hard to get?

Sounds to me like you may be on the payroll...LOL, I have yet to see a ski that works that well. None of them do what they claim.

Diddo,

the only thing I have tried over the years that have worked as stated are, Yamaheaters, ulmers front end bushing kits, shaper bars, dartless plates and Arrow skis. Everything else has had some draw back that was either skirted around in the advertisement or out and out lied about.

Some bombs I tried were New finger track from camoplast in 01, useless
The first ice attack 500mls, not traction and alot of lugs and carbides came off.
2002 bought a viper, great motor but what a disapointment for skis, shocks, seat track. Super torquer secondary, broke in a cross country race. This list would be too long and I would end up depressed.

These look like another overpriced product to buy and be disapointed with. If I was building a show sled, I would have to put them on just for the weirdness, other than that :o| :o|

Maxout01 said:
Ironmanstl said:
"they were also tested in the mountains last season ( Revelstoke ) and flotation was supposed to be excellent "

can't see how this is possible...

I wonder why all the major manufacturers such as Yamaha, Polaris, Ski Doo and Arctic Cat haven't cornered the market on the "less ski surface area= better flotation idea" years ago

yea that doesnt seem like its possible. Smaller surface area equals less flotation, not really any engineering you can do to change that.

Also full skis have worked for what 40 years.. no reason to change.
Well. I'm glad Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, and Alexander Graham Bell, (to name a few) didn't think like you. The human mind is inventive by nature and it is not always because of necessity it is sometimes just to improve on what we have.
I do see the increased height (looks like a good 4" of lift on the new spindle configuration) of the front end as adding to the tippiness of the sled.

MrSled said:
shaddow44 said:

Nope..and you you should know that I'm not on the payroll cause I've told you before what I do for a living....I was just lucky enough to be able to give them a try through my buddy at OSM magazine...thought I'd share my opinion on a topic that I didn't start....take from it what you will but they worked really well and look good to boot.., if I had a bad thing to say about them from a performance standpoint I would say it..unfortunately I don't.....just having the spindle cut, cause if you wanna put them on a different sled you have to get new spindle to put your old sled back to stock..

Bombapolayami...I don't think they add any height to your spindle....I think they are about the same height as what they remove from your spindle...maybe an inch at best higher..but no more

shaddow44 said:
MrSled said:
shaddow44 said:

Nope..and you you should know that I'm not on the payroll cause I've told you before what I do for a living....I was just lucky enough to be able to give them a try through my buddy at OSM magazine...thought I'd share my opinion on a topic that I didn't start....take from it what you will but they worked really well and look good to boot..I didn't find them to be much better than my C&As or my brothers Curves..but they were good...jmo....

Shadow... it said "sounds like".... kind like when everyone jumps on me about being in Yamaha's back pocket, that not true either :)

If they really are serious about this ski, they need to get it out to someone for real world testing. Maybe one of the mods on this site would be a good candidate. Then we could do a head to head with the stock ski for a real world review.

Ahhh, ok..I forgot to add in an LOL at the end of my opening statement....to be honest I'm not sure how serious the guy is...he mentioned doing about 200 sets per year...He did have the Canadian Sled mags send people out for testing, ( it was late in the season and conditions were deteriorating fast ) Supertrax has something on his site about them. You should contact him and see if he'll do that...seems like he's a reasonable guy and he is looking for input...give it a try ;)!

BombaPolaYama said:
Maxout01 said:
Ironmanstl said:
"they were also tested in the mountains last season ( Revelstoke ) and flotation was supposed to be excellent "

can't see how this is possible...

I wonder why all the major manufacturers such as Yamaha, Polaris, Ski Doo and Arctic Cat haven't cornered the market on the "less ski surface area= better flotation idea" years ago

yea that doesnt seem like its possible. Smaller surface area equals less flotation, not really any engineering you can do to change that.

Also full skis have worked for what 40 years.. no reason to change.
Well. I'm glad Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, and Alexander Graham Bell, (to name a few) didn't think like you. The human mind is inventive by nature and it is not always because of necessity it is sometimes just to improve on what we have.
I do see the increased height (looks like a good 4" of lift on the new spindle configuration) of the front end as adding to the tippiness of the sled.

yes just because i think these skis are stupid means i am not into improving things. man you hit the nail right on the head. I'm getting into my model t to go to the grocery store as we speak. I just think those silly new cars are over done lol!! j/k :tg:

BETHEVIPER said:
MrSled said:
shaddow44 said:

Diddo,

the only thing I have tried over the years that have worked as stated are, Yamaheaters, ulmers front end bushing kits, shaper bars, dartless plates and Arrow skis. Everything else has had some draw back that was either skirted around in the advertisement or out and out lied about.

The first ice attack 500mls, not traction and alot of lugs and carbides came off.
2002 bought a viper, great motor but what a disapointment for skis, shocks, seat track. Super torquer secondary, broke in a cross country race. This list would be too long and I would end up depressed.

These look like another overpriced product to buy and be disapointed with. If I was building a show sled, I would have to put them on just for the weirdness, other than that :o| :o|

good post, this is my point..

[quote="shaddow44
Bombapolayami...I don't think they add any height to your spindle....I think they are about the same height as what they remove from your spindle...maybe an inch at best higher..but no more[/quote]
Okay maybe so, it doesn't quite look like that in the pics. Even an inch increase though could be enough to add to the chassis roll problem. Too bad the spindle has to be modded.

Maxout01 said:
BETHEVIPER said:
MrSled said:
shaddow44 said:

Diddo,

good post, this is my point..
Cool that people keep making your points - I see a trend!

BombaPolaYama said:
shaddow44 said:
Bombapolayami...I don't think they add any height to your spindle....I think they are about the same height as what they remove from your spindle...maybe an inch at best higher..but no more
Okay maybe so, it doesn't quite look like that in the pics. Even an inch increase though could be enough to add to the chassis roll problem. Too bad the spindle has to be modded.

Agreed, it's a comittment.... fwiw I never noticed any added body role and they sleds had box stock suspension settings. The Nytro was a std model..i would like to try them on my RTX as I have the floats at 50lbs and it sits a bit lower in the front than a std.

I'm pretty sure you can only use these skis on sleds with spindles like the Nytro/Phazer...Apex style won't work....

there would be room to clip the outer spindle and reweld the inner spindle. guys cut and reweld the spindles to lower them for asphalt and such alot.

I keep hearing how expensive there going to be but have seen no prices. I checked the website with little info other then wont be ready to ship untill fall. How much????

new ski

they had a tent at Hay Days, looks like they are casting a whole new spindle for this so you will still have the stock if you want .
sounded quite pricey though.

Back