• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CL Used Apex Summary for ME, NH, VT

pdiddy

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'11 Apex; '16 Apex XTX; '18 Indy 600 SP;
With the extreme cold and all I had some time to dig into my competition while I'm trying to sell my 2011 Apex with 10K miles today.
Looked at at all 21 sleds for sale in my area and compiled some stats.
Average asking prices are 65% over NADA book. This probably says more about NADA being out to lunch than sellers being greedy. Mine is 18% over and the lowest of the bunch. Highest was in Wilmington with a low miles 2007 GT shooting for 140% over book.
The average miles/yr for an Apex owner was 489 miles with a high of 853 (mine) and a low of 32 for a 2006 with only 552 miles on it!
I can say the December and January have been slow on inquires but it's picked up in February. Guess XMas hangover is clearing up and tax refund season beginning for most people. If I don't sell it this month might bag it until next October when hope is still alive for a good winter. Otherwise, the theory that 4-strokes would hold their value better than 2-strokes is demolished. Most sleds for sale by year are 2006 (6) followed by 2011 (4) for obvious reasons.
Avg listing has been 20++ days as I've got real familiar with several that have been reposted multiple times.
Anyway, it is what it is and we're all in this together.

Most folks who love snowmobiling and have money to spend on it already have their machines for this season. The other folks thinking about it don't want to spend that money on them now. And most sellers always want way more then the market allows. And many folks just buy new. Also the sellers finally drop their prices after a while and sell or keep them.

Good input. Keeping a sled that doesn't get used is problematic for multiple reasons. I don't have a back 40 where I could take it out and run some fresh gas through it occasionally. Doesn't make sense to register it and trailer it somewhere for that reason either. Things can go wrong during storage as well with critters and what not. I guess I'll keep lowering the price 'till I reach the market.

If your motor is untouched (stock) runs good there are guys out there that are looking for these motors to use in bush planes.. If you get on you tube and look up some of the guys, drop them a message and they might put someone in contact with you… sell your motor, part the rest of the sled out on E- bay .. Had a buddy do this and turned his sale into a home run with everyone happy.. Takes a little work, but it sure paid off for him…

Good input. Keeping a sled that doesn't get used is problematic for multiple reasons. I don't have a back 40 where I could take it out and run some fresh gas through it occasionally. Doesn't make sense to register it and trailer it somewhere for that reason either. Things can go wrong during storage as well with critters and what not. I guess I'll keep lowering the price 'till I reach the market.
Look at above post…

Also from my understanding there is a company that is fabricating the transmission needed to convert the PTO crank end to propeller just for these motors…

Selling the motor and parting the chassis is out of balance with the spare time I have available. For the record it went for $3900 a couple days ago. Also might mention it was the first person to get off their butt and come look it over that took it. Mileage frightened most everybody else.

I think you did well. I had an 11 identical to yours with 8k miles. Just put new track, bearings, chain, etc and it sold for $4300 four years ago.

Apex motors are being bought for $2,000 to $5,000 depending on wear, mileage, and work completed and or needed… The chassis , suspension, track and parts are worth $1,000 to $4,000 depending how much work one wants to put into the sale of them… Most people would be surprised how much some have made parting out entire sleds.. If you just go price a few parts you will soon realize how expensive they become..$ 4,000.00 for one of your sleds is probably a great deal aka Mr. Speed i mean Fleecer.. Lol…

Back