• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Closed loop - poor fuel mileage

My mother always told me the more you monkey, the more you can.
I have been pretty happy with a single tune (ms17) , very simple. But I have an addiction to modding lol. I was debating getting a dash flash and closed loop for added protection but I’m worried about opening a can of worms. More variables more things to go wrong lol

I have been pretty happy with a single tune (ms17) , very simple. But I have an addiction to modding lol. I was debating getting a dash flash and closed loop for added protection but I’m worried about opening a can of worms. More variables more things to go wrong lol
[ ] 02 mod $500.
[ ] Closed loop $350.
[ ] Adj. FPR. $300
[ ] Data log. $250.
[ ] Flasher B4 all above $550
[ ] Header $1,500
[ ] Adj wastegate $800.
[ ] Tapp primary $1800.
Everything the aftermarket offers us has value. It's just not everything comes without a hiccup or two. Or not everything will increase performance, like we'd like it. Keep things simple and enjoy or dig deeper for the extra gain?!?! Up to each to decide.
Redline1 there are other ways to do things but they will take time & are more labor intensive.
But you will run better than your equal, or perhaps run bigger dogs down....

Last edited:
Maybe unplug the 02 sensor and run it? This should default to no closed loop and compare. You will see SD-24 on dash but that okay. maybe O2 sensor acting flakey. I had three go bad on mine.

Update: just bought a new module and 02 sensor and will install tonight. I figure one or other is bad!
I could have just un-plugged the 02 but I dont like seeing error codes.

Will see how it runs this weekend.

Step up Sally...no pain no gain :cool:

Its only money, get more next Friday or next month, or next bonus … Mo, money, mo money , whats that adrenaline rush fix worth ???? Send it they tell you …. You only live once
I think, FOR ME. There's an art to going fast. And as long as you've maximized your sleds full potential, at the place your in, running 275hp, and beating every other 275hp tuned sled there is....then yes, of course make that next step. don't let money stop you!!!
But, if you're the weakest dog in a fight, really.....what's the point?
Dragy can help you get there, and of course having a goal.

Back