• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clutch kits no BS!!!!!

Sorry man; gotta dis agree. For some of us that know how to clutch a sled there are some awesome alternatives. The stock Nytro clutching initially overrevs which slips the belt badly. This does 2 things; slows acceleration & creates large grooves in the faces that will make it prone to cracks & early failure. Stock clutching also overrevs a lot.

So tell me again why it is a good idea to keep it stock???

Turk said:
Sorry man; gotta dis agree. For some of us that know how to clutch a sled there are some awesome alternatives.
the stock Nytro clutching initially overrevs which slips the belt badly. This does 2 things
slows acceleration & creates large grooves in the faces that will make it prone to cracks & early failure.
Stock clutching also overrevs a lot.
So tell me again why it is a good idea to keep it stock???

Does the Nytro not have rivets in the weights? What’s stopping from calibrating the stock components such as rivets/springs- Sometimes a better bang for the buck.

just my .02c

Dan

Turk, do you think that the slipping is more a result of clutch cal. or would it be fair to say that belt compound plays a role there? The reason I ask this is after a 1hr trailer ride until my belt was nice and warm it slipped a fair amount. My ride height in the sec. could be a little higher also.

Slipping is clutch calibration. I run drag n flys & have zero/zip/nada/none/// belt slip at engagement. You cant go heavier rivets on a short track nytro with stock weights...your maxed out. steeper initial angle on helix or 14.5 mm rollers would help.

weight

Why not pull the 10.3 rivet out of the tip and add the 17.2 rivet to the tip? This will increase the weight and the force on the belt.M ay have to change the rollers also.May have to experiment to get the correct rpms.

Turk said:
Slipping is clutch calibration. I run drag n flys & have zero/zip/nada/none/// belt slip at engagement. You cant go heavier rivets on a short track nytro with stock weights...your maxed out. steeper initial angle on helix or 14.5 mm rollers would help.
Turk does that mean with zero/ zip /nada/none that your jack shaft is turning approx. 3600 rpm's instantly? Boy she must really come out of the hole! :exc:

Turk said:
WTF is that supposed to mean????
Hey relax we're not in the bar. What I mean is, if you pin the throttle, the engine is somewhere in that 8850rpm area. With absolutly no slippage your jackshaft is instanly going to be at least 3600rpm. I find it hard to believe that their is zero/zip/nada/none. And if you can't have someone ask you a simple question without gettin mad then don't reply with that #*$&@!

When I pin the throttle my rpm,s go to 8k & climb to 8800 rpm for as long as I can hold it How do you know what my rpm,s are when I pin the throttle? If i clutched my sled like you implied I would have blown belts; grooved clutch faces & a slow sled!!! Buy Aaens clutching handbook & do some reading.

Turk said:
When I pin the throttle my rpm,s go to 8k & climb to 8800 rpm for as long as I can hold it How do you know what my rpm,s are when I pin the throttle? If i clutched my sled like you implied I would have blown belts; grooved clutch faces & a slow sled!!!
You're right I don't know what yur R's are, nor do I care. What I was wondering was about BELT SLIPPAGE. Sounds with zero/zip/nada/none that that may be a recipe for belt failure. Turk, even with your advanced knowledge of clutching you know that before the primary totally hooks up that their is some slippage. COME ON!! ;):D

I have
no black ring on my inner faces
no worn grooves in the same same spot
have not blown a belt in 4 years
clutches are cool after back to back wot runs.

You tell me????

Turk said:
I have
no black ring on my inner faces
no worn grooves in the same same spot
have not blown a belt in 4 years
clutches are cool after back to back wot runs.

You tell me????
With that being said, I want you to clutch my NYTRO. How much for a clutch kit? I run a 08 RTX stock track-EXCELL FULL EXHAUST-POWER COMMANDER and soon to be K&N INTAKE SYSTEM. Are you up for it? What are the gains you see? 1050THMPR.

Buy a set of 60 gr drag n flies & a 47/43 helix. We can do this over pm,s. I don,t sell anything; just tell ya how to set stuff up.

Turk said:
Buy a set of 60 gr drag n flies & a 47/43 helix. We can do this over pm,s. I don,t sell anything; just tell ya how to set stuff up.

Turk you are unreal buddy!!! WOW KEEP IT UP!!! :Rockon: :Rockon:

Skydog

Back