• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutching a turbo

hooper

Expert
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
ZR9000
Has anyone tried different kits on their turbos?

I had heelclickers for a while ,fast takeoff but poor topend. Laborated a lot
with different settings on the HC:s but wasn´t satisfied.

Midrange rpm:s was for ex.(at the same speed) 7000 with stock weights and 8000 with HC:s ,even if I loaded heel and mid as heavy as possible .

I found out that the stock weights pulled a LOT harder at midrange and topend was a bit higher , but that was without studs and on lousy trails.

MC-Xpress was told quite a few times that clutching a turbo was nearly impossible ,it would take atleast 90 to 100 gr weights to get it to work but stock weights worked even better than expected!

Anybody done some testing yet?

hooper, Try using the stock wieghts and backing the secondary spring pressure off,try a steeper helix as well if you have any,you want the secondary to open a bit quiker,keep enough spring pressure so that it still backshifts though,i think if you go in that direction with the limited parts that you have you may find something you like, I had my turbo 670 set up like that so could sit at 70mph and back off the throttle ,the revs would hold at about 58 to 6000 rpm, same at higher speeds,once they were obtained you could drop the revs and still hold the speed,good luck

Hooper, as well if your going to purchase a helix (cam) try one with tefflon coating,You can run less spring pressure without sacrificing backshift.

i am presently helping a customer clutch a mc express turbo kit, we will have a supertune clutch kit availible for the rx-1 mc express turbo within a week or so. jeff

Clutching

So Jt are you going to share that with the rest of us or is it a secret?

Vcrash I agree with you about the steeper helix and maybe a green sec spring to start with.

Xtreme just because Turk hasn't run a turbo yet doesn't mean he doesn't have some good ideas to work with. Turk I am very interested in your input.

Thanks to all for the info,now I just have to wait for some snow :)

Try a 54-45helix gear to 1.54 24/37, maby a 14.6mm rolers to get som more belt squeez down low, silver or green sec spring.

One of the easiest sleds I have ever had to set up.
Jetting and clutching both.
Play with it and you will be amazed that almost anything works.......
Throw some helix into it......I run a 51 straight with Silver secondary in the mountains.
PM me if you have specific questions about primary needs for the mountains..........quite honestly I'm pretty crappy on low elevation set up!!!! So you'd be wasting your time..lol
Good luck
CM

What about Bender setups for the mountains? I currently have at my disposal Heel Clickers and stock weights. I'd like to figure it out with those, but would be willing to experiment.

Am I missing something here? I would think you guys would try the heavy hitters loaded up to what ever you need.There's so much flexibility that you could dial in clutching for your needs in a relatively short time. Best of luck guys. The naturally aspirated Powder Blue

i have a clutch kit that works awesome, uses adjustable primary weights with customs tuning parts, primary rollers, secondary spring, secondary helix. this is guaranteed to work on your turbo or your money back, cost is 450.00 jeff

Back