• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cobra vs ripsaw on an xtx

RtxViper

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX LE
Had my trip up north this weekend end after 38 miles due to a double backer stud tearing out of my ripsaw track and putting a hole in my heat exchanger. So now I'm looking into a new track. I'm wondering if anyone has ran a cobra on their xtx and how they like it compared to the ripsaw? I'm also assuming u can't stud it on that sled due to lug height and clearance? Or do I stick with the ripsaw so if I want to stud it I can. All opinions welcome

Pm viperdave as I think that is what he runs on his apex xtx. I prefer the ripsaw unstudded for my riding around here. Could always try an ice ripper. Had one on my war and was not too bad.

it depends on your riding style, I preferred a studded ripsaw on the trails over the cobra but when I'm crossing a lake the cobra will push a hell of a lot better then the ripsaw, the one thing I have noticed is the cobra has soft lugs and after 1500miles there's several lugs ready to rip off but that's mostly because of my driving style, I'm not sure on the studs but I think it would be a tight squeeze studding a cobra track

Kyle

I just replaced my old 1.5 Crossover with a new one. Over 13,000 miles on 3 sleds with the old track. No studs, great forward and side bite. Braking is excellent. I've ridden in some DEEP UP snow offtral with this thing and really like it. Minimal loss of top end. I' added Excel wheels as soon as I bought the sled, and am running DuPont slides this year. Last season I ran Yamaha performance graphite slides an they lasted all season ( 3200 miles ).

DAGE said:
it depends on your riding style, I preferred a studded ripsaw on the trails over the cobra but when I'm crossing a lake the cobra will push a hell of a lot better then the ripsaw, the one thing I have noticed is the cobra has soft lugs and after 1500miles there's several lugs ready to rip off but that's mostly because of my driving style, I'm not sure on the studs but I think it would be a tight squeeze studding a cobra track

Kyle

sounds like you ride like i do and thats what i am concerned with the cobra track. my ripsaw has 4800 miles on it and i was planning on changing it this summer but i think i better do it now. I ride aggressive and studs bend a lot and double backers seem to do more damage when they tear out. I ride almost always in northern wi and maybe once a year in the up so i think i may have to go with the ripsaw again that way at least if i want to stud it i can.

Back