• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 34

If you do have to replace the coil don't buy an aftermarket one. Your wasting your money and it will fail in a short time.

One a different note, because your having an issue with your sled doesn't mean there is an issue with Yamaha reliability. You state that someone else was in there "playing" with the electrical. I would suggest your reliability issues are caused be the previous owner.

That is a great dealer who obviously goes extra mile! Who is the Dealer?
The dealer is Woody's Yamaha in Topsham, Maine. In all my dealings with them, in buying sleds, accessories, and in service, they have been awesome. They took on Polaris this season, and I was worried how it would affect their Yamaha service; it slowed them down a bit, but they have definitely been there when I needed them.

Hey believe it or not I had same thing happen to my Phazer today but code 33. No1 cylinder. Wiggled the plug and it would fire that cylinder. Removed plug cleaned with electric contact cleaner and she runs like a top. I suspect all the water we went through two weekends ago corroded the plug pins. Love this site!

Thought I would update the Code 34 issue; the Phazer ran like a top all day long. Yesterday was probably the best riding day of the year, and my grandson was smiling from ear to ear the whole time he was on his Phazer. We had mid-winter conditions; temps were in the single digits, with gusty winds blowing drifts across the trails. We did 170+ miles on hard-packed flat trails, with the drifts making for some interesting and fun bumps and jumps along the way.

Our trails are still amazing as well. Mine still throws code 33 at WOT but then goes away. I don't really care... I'm riding :) We have five Yamaha in the family and four Polaris. All of the Polaris are broken... This make me happy :)

Ok... so I had same issue. I chased my tail for a few days when I discovered a small harness on left side of sled that had 3 red wires. All three harness did was jump the 3 wires together. I was all corroded so I removed it and wired the wires together and sealed it up good. Problem solved. I hope this helps somebody.

Back