• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

code ODO 2009 Vector LTX

green53

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 vector ltx
I was prepping for the fist ride of the season, pulled the carbs for cleaning, all was well (non-ethanol premium, sea foam) and once the carbs were primed, it fired right up and sounded perfect. I went easy at first, all well, then gradually opened throttle a bit more for short bursts and still ok. Eventually, I gave it more and more throttle, but it seemed to bog down intermittently, then clear up and run fine, then bad again until it was running bad most of the time, idle dropped 500 rpm. I made it home and thought the newer premium gas I used might have been old even though it has sea foam in it. I drained the tank and put in fresh gas and it again started to run ok, then bad, ran about half and half, but this time the warning light came on whenever the revs were up to 5k. The code ODO is present when the light is on, however. the light goes off at lower revs sometime. I adjusted the throttle cable (slackened) without success. What do I do now, check speed sensor/bearing or look at TORRS? I read that the CDI Ignitor could also be the cause. Thanks.

have you checked the speedo bearing recently? had one i repacked fail around 1000 km later and took the sensor out.

Update:
Speedo side bearing is ok.
I pulled the plugs and the middle one was wet and fouled.
I also banged into the speedo cluster lightly by mistake, and it fell off the dash!!
The 3 plastic posts were all broken up, looks to me like someone overtightened the 3 screws!!
Luckily Yamaha does sell the back plastic piece, don't have to replace the entire unit.
I am waiting for the part to come in.

Update:
replaced the plastic.
new plugs
runs perfect, no codes!!!

ODO isn't a code to my knowledge. It stands for Odometer.

Well, ODO flashed where a code would normally be written,,,

Back