• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cold warrior

ramair400

Hi,I just bought an `04 warrior.I took it out for about 170 miles today,I loved the power of the 4 stroke but was a very cold ride.Has anyone else had a problem with getting cold while riding?My knees got very cold as did my upper body.The under side of my helmet around the chin area was freezing.
:4STroke:

Yup, sounds about right. I just started to dress warmer and picked up a no for mask to better protect my neck.

I use a Gerbing Heated Jacket with my 04 Warrior
Nice and Toasty! :tg: :-o

ramair400 said:
Hi,I just bought an `04 warrior.I took it out for about 170 miles today,I loved the power of the 4 stroke but was a very cold ride.Has anyone else had a problem with getting cold while riding?My knees got very cold as did my upper body.The under side of my helmet around the chin area was freezing.

Yeah I noticed being cold last year as well with my Warrior for the first year.

I only find it cold on the lake at 70mph +, on a very cold day. I did, however, install PowerMadd hand guards to help the hand warmers out. BIG improvement! ;)!

I noticed a bit of difference compared to a viper and previous sleds, seems to be less under cowl heat due to exhaust exiting straight out to the tunnel.

Lighty, good point. Otherwise it reminds me of the Phazer/Exciter days with the cold knees.

thanks for all the replies.I'm going back to the dealer today and talk to him about some warmer clothes.When i talked to him saturday,he wants to try a different windshield and some handguards.I ran this sled down the railroad grade and could only get 107mph out of it.Is this about right or should it have more?The sled is stock.thanks.later :rocks:

Exciter been there too as for the gortex mine has REIMA all over it :D ...still sporting sx Viper Gortex jacket nothin like it! May have to upgrade jacket with 07 Attak or its variant at the same time :4STroke:

107mph is pretty sluggish on the speedo depending on conditions..I have seen well over 200kph on the speedo in good conditions . 160kph=100mph

Oh Let's see? I remember that day 2 years ago in January when we did a 230 mile loop out of Real Masse. I'm on my new 04 Warrior and my buddy is on his 04 Viper. The high temperature of the day was at 12 noon when it hit -11.
I'm riding along with my heated Gerbing jacket sometimes hitting speeds of 100 MPH 8) I'm feeling a little chilled, I think I'll turn the heat up on the jacket... Ahh that's better :D My buddy on his Viper is dressed to the hilt and he is getting cold!!! BRRRR!!! Hey I feel for him! But what can I tell you? I can only tell you how good this Jacket is and if you want to freeze your arse off that's your choice :tg:
So here we are on the final leg of our loop, the temperature is now a bone chilling -28, and I have the jacket on high and I'm doing good. There is no better feeling than heat when its this cold and I have the best option there is, my buddy is now "Frosty The Snowman" :o|
We arrive back at Real Masse and I carry my friend into the restaurant and put him next to the fireplace, he is now an icicle thawing out!!!! LOL
He didn't think it was too funny@#$%^ His hand warmers stopped working also.

I got my Warrior up to 123 MPH on the DM. With OSO primary, shimmed secondary and SLP anti-wear pads. RPM's where 10500-10600
This year I removed the tip weights, added silver secondary, 4 TPI valves and 160 main jets! First trip to Quebec Jan 10-15, will report back with results!

I have a choko extreme touring jacket, so far only wear a t-shirt with it. I think once we see minus 25 or so I might have to move up to a long sleeve shirt or maybe a sweater. I also wear leather bibs. I wish leather was as available as it used to be, never was cold in a good leather suit. I have noticed that the wind gets through the boots a little more then it used to on the old polaris. I guess the relatively small front end is the reason for this.

Back