• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Conditions in Ontario?

Not much rain in Kirkland Lake with snow coming down since about noon today on and off. Buddy stopped by with his two day old 2010 Vector last night and said the trails were still in great shape. I'm heading out tomorrow so I'll see how the -17C temps have set-up the trails overnight.

All of Eastern Ontario is now limited. My son tried to go out on the trails today, he said they should really be closed. All water and ice, lots of ground showing.

Mooseman said:
All of Eastern Ontario is now limited. My son tried to go out on the trails today, he said they should really be closed. All water and ice, lots of ground showing.

Pretty much the same here in Southern Ontario :o|

Bracebridge shows limited ,
should be closed , has now refroze but dry , dirty, rockey !

Might try Collingwood Sunday, they got snow Friday night and into Saturday morning.

The A110Q trail was awesome today. Buddy and I took a trail sign maintenance run from Kirkland Lake to the Quebec border (Larder Lake then Virginia Town and Kearns). KL to Larder was EPIC with two wet spots from run-off. The fresh snow and high winds filled in all the holes and ruts making it feel like I was driving on a cloud. The trail from Larder Lake to the Quebec border was a little tracked due to the groomer pulling the industrial brusher through on Friday to clean-up that trail. A quick pass of the groomer should clean that up.

Ultrafrozen said:
The A110Q trail was awesome today. Buddy and I took a trail sign maintenance run from Kirkland Lake to the Quebec border (Larder Lake then Virginia Town and Kearns). KL to Larder was EPIC with two wet spots from run-off. The fresh snow and high winds filled in all the holes and ruts making it feel like I wasw driving on a cloud. The trail from Larder Lake to the Quebec border was a little tracked due to the groomer pulling the industrial brusher through on Friday to clean-up that trail. A quick pass of the groomer should clean that up.
thanks andre for the update,i'm guessing the buttler trail will be fine,when we leave on monday,i had about 70% of my signage down,picked them up last night in that brutal wind,our trails are still rideable with some wet spots,worst area was towards new liskeard,some spots you had to ride the ditch cuz of no snow on the trail, that snow helped,i'm pumped and ready to go ride ontario's finest trails

Yup should really be closed here. Apparently between North bay and mattawa north to Quebec has survived. I am heading up there on monday and teusday.

Trails in North Bay are in great condition. I think the melt down actualy improved the base and they have been out grooming.

Attachments

• nb.jpg
    nb.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 154
I skipped the trip to Ontario and went to Maine. Conditions were great, but the signing was terrible. Ontario is by far the best place, with the best conditions (usually) and best signing I’ve ever ridden. It's a shame I couldn’t get there this year. We did manage 1000 miles in 5 days in Maine though.

Hey pat the rat,

me and my bro are coming up next week for our yearly trip to ride the great trails in northern Ontario,

we were hoping to start north of north bay and sledding up to cochrane and back around

my question to you is where do you think would be a good place to start considering the trail conditions,

Thanks Fabio

Trails north of hw 17 In north bay are very good last time I was up and they have had more snow since.

Just wanted to post this for those riding from North bay north on the pipeline.

Effective Tuesday March 8th - TransCanada Pipeline are closing TOP AD to all snowmobile traffic approximately 10 kms north of the A102Q intersection. Trail Closed signs will be placed on TOP AD at both A102Q and Tilden Lake. Unfortunately there is NO DETOUR around this trail closure. The trail will be closed by TCPL using snow fencing to prohibit through traffic while their contractor is carrying out pipeline repairs.

This trail closure will be in effect for 2 - 3 weeks.

Back