• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Conversion story to YAMAHA

apexg88

Pro
I have been loyal to PULLaris for many years. Same with my entire family. My neighbor had an 03 800 xc that he blew up many times then finally snapped and bought an 06 apex. I really liked his apex but was obsessed with the weight issue that they told us was what made better sleds. last year i broke the crank shaft in my 04 xc 700 and my father had a meltdown in his 05 xc 800. this year I broke the crank AGAIN in my 700 then the following weekend i rode my dads 800 and melted the pistons again. That week I bought an apex and have had trouble free riding sence then. Its nice to hold it to the handlebars and not have to worrie about the engine blowing up. Those things were hand grenades.

I'm bleeding blue and am never going back

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks: ;)!

:die to big bore twins

Please make sure to look around and read the FAQ section. This forum is great and you will receive a lot of personalized help here. This is the most courteous and helpful snowmobile forum out there. I read most of them.

These sleds are not perfect, but with the help of this forum you can make them really great!

Everyone is surprised when they try one. Almost anyone that stops by my place, I'll offer to try it (the rtx) out, and it's 3 years old! The last 'wow' was from a cat guy who just blew his 800 up and a brand new Polaris (black with no decals??) towed him into the driveway for pickup. The expression on his face told all I needed to know. He'd probably never buy one, but he liked it...LOL.

I just picked up an 08 Apex GT and I love it. I was worried about the weight coming off of my Viper but it really isn't that noticeable and the seating position is soo much better. Been through the broken crank thing on Polaris with a buddy of mine. The sad thing is that Polaris would not help him.
Congrats on your new sled.

apexg88 said:
I have been loyal to PULLaris for many years. Same with my entire family. My neighbor had an 03 800 xc that he blew up many times then finally snapped and bought an 06 apex. I really liked his apex but was obsessed with the weight issue that they told us was what made better sleds. last year i broke the crank shaft in my 04 xc 700 and my father had a meltdown in his 05 xc 800. this year I broke the crank AGAIN in my 700 then the following weekend i rode my dads 800 and melted the pistons again. That week I bought an apex and have had trouble free riding sence then. Its nice to hold it to the handlebars and not have to worrie about the engine blowing up. Those things were hand grenades.

I'm bleeding blue and am never going back

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks: ;)!

:die to big bore twins
lots of people will start the sled up to show there buddys and not let it get up to temp and cause plug fouling/wet fouling=condensation.something you should know,happens to beginner 4-strokers!

Another convert

I too converted over to yamaha last year (30 years with polaris) didn't think I'd ever stray, But last year before the season even started I put a fresh top end on my xcr800 not because it broke just because I run pretty hard and hadn't had to touch the moter in 4years. First trip, taking it easy during the breakin 102 miles and the crank locks up! TOTALLY PISSED!!! Went out the next day (jan08) and bought a new 07 Attak black with the lightning graffics!! I love it, so much in fact I gave it to my wife and bought a 08 40th anniversary apex ltx. Then before the season was over I got a great deal on a (used 190 miles like new) 07 Phazer FX for my son. These 4 strokes are awsome, without a doubt the best in the business. :4STroke: :rocks:

I love my APEX.

About the wt, I like what TURK says, "where we live we ride our sleds we don't have to carry them!"

When ever somebody asks me about wt I just say you haven't ridden one have you? ALL say NO

Love the APEX

I went on a demo ride in the spring of 06 and was saying to myself,It's going to be too slow,too hard to handel,feel way too heavy[knowing it not light] can't stand up and ride,the ride "forward" feel can't be true and on and on!!When I got done with the ride I was proved wrong in every case!
I liked so much I snow checked one two days later[07 apex rtx] and have been enjoying it ever since.I will say I would have had no problem ordering a REV-XP platform also , Ther are a few in the group I ride with
and they are awsome, and a few 05-06 REV's that have been flawless and getting 20 mpg they feel no need to update! Yamaha owners I think are looking at things a little differently,they plan for the most part keeping the sled longer and value thier time in the saddle as well as better over-all quality.Turn the key,change the oil once a year and keep an eye on things
makes for a enjoyable riding season. Plus [not bashing ] at 10,000 miles
on my apex I'am not even concerned but they are just not trusting thier
sled for any 1,000 mile loops in canada anymore. Anyway I'am getting a
older and work hard for my fun money and thats how I see it . Oh, and by the way this motor is pure performance,I love it!
Rich Kay.

Wait until your rideing for a while in the country with nothing but fresh air in your nose because you have a 4 stroke and some 2 stokes go by and stink the whole scene up. I have an enclosed helmet so the stink stays awhile..

Back