• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Couple fast questions

2008 Nytro RTX

TY 4 Stroke God
When I am riding hard,If I hit like a mogul with one ski the sled will come up,Like it don't compress the shock. I have my shock at 55 psi you think maybe I am bottoming it out so bad and its throwing the sled on one side? Just another quick one,When I pound threw the 1-2ft moguls at a good rate of speed the sled bucks me and my feet come off the running boards. My rebound is set in the middle and there is 4 threads showing on the shock. What should I do to adjust it out?
Have you guys seen the a coolant leak on the right A-arms? From what I understand it is from pounding threw them moguls and it over flowing a little. Just something to watch out for!

Increase psi to 70ish

You would need to revalve the shock, not done by you or increase the rebound adjustment on your shock.

Coolant leak, now thats weird, maybe you have a leak from the rad?

So to get rid of the bucking I will have to INCREASE the rebound? Another guy had the same problem has far as the coolant leak,Its not really a leak. You only get it when you pound threw the rough for hours. Another guy had the same exact problem. You think turning the shock so 2 threads show will help? Will pumping the shocks to 75 psi help that big hit and I go on one ski?

Do you realize that you have twice as many posts as you do miles?

If you rode as many miles as you post, it would be you in the Yamaha booth, not Hondo.

Actually your wrong,I have 490 miles on my sled and that comes to 980. =) I wish you could ride around here to understand how much trails we don't have. We road with a guy that has an 05 F7 he got new and has 200 miles on it. So me putting 490 miles on in about a year is AWESOME around here.

Try East Pharsalia trails are great and you can do 150 miles in 5 or 6 hours and stop for lunch. Not to far away from you .

Come on guyz who cares how many Miles he has hes askin an honest to goodness question But could u be hitting the moguls at an angle or off center i notice this to but the shox arnt bottoming out. as far as the feet thing go's you should prob crouch a little i think thats gonna be natural on this sled for goodness Soften the suspension to much and you might as well have bought the Std. Nytro she handles better with the stiff suspension through the moguls

2008 Nytro RTX said:
Thats the thing,I don't ride around here. I ride in sullivan county NY.

Sullivan County huh? When we get some more snow shoot me a PM and we'll have to meet up and ride. Where do you typically ride around here?

I don't think you're bottoming the sled. Put a stripe down the Floats where the shock travel is with a black magic marker and then go ride - the line will fade away where the shock travels to.

Arnold08 said:
Come on guyz who cares how many Miles he has hes askin an honest to goodness question But could u be hitting the moguls at an angle or off center i notice this to but the shox arnt bottoming out. as far as the feet thing go's you should prob crouch a little i think thats gonna be natural on this sled for goodness Soften the suspension to much and you might as well have bought the Std. Nytro she handles better with the stiff suspension through the moguls
Thank you,Some one that actually understands. Its not so much thats it to stiff because I ride aggressive,Just that bucking feeling I don't like. Should I just increase the rebound? Like If i were to just say hit a rock but hit it like a mogul (ski on top) it feels like the Foxs don't compress and it throws the sled on one ski.

Bpatch50 said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:
Thats the thing,I don't ride around here. I ride in sullivan county NY.

Sullivan County huh? When we get some more snow shoot me a PM and we'll have to meet up and ride. Where do you typically ride around here?

I don't think you're bottoming the sled. Put a stripe down the Floats where the shock travel is with a black magic marker and then go ride - the line will fade away where the shock travels to.

A zip tie works great also!

Well Ill tell you what my suspension is set as stiff as i can get it the fox floats are set at 85 psi i like the bouncing around helps me turn the other wise rough turning skis bring on teh rough trail id really like to ride this tug hill everyone talks about

Back